Who wants to play? Labour Game updates pg10

Ever feel that you would like to be able to ask some questions and have a
chat without feeling that you have to defend your choice to do things the
way you feel comfortable? Discuss your desires, aims and ask your questions
of other Mums here. If you need medical advice, please ask your medical
adviser, we aren't qualified to help you in that department and our Code of
Ethics for ABA means we do not discuss Health Professionals or Hospitals by
name. (Everyone's experiences are different and what may not agree with one
person, may be totally agreeable to another.)

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 am

athome wrote:
Penguin’s story - so far

You have reached full term and you notice subtle cramps that seem to last for about 15 seconds each. They don’t seem to be coming in any regular pattern but you notice about 4 in an hour period.

You-
You decide to head into hospital and on arrival they admit you to their assessment unit. You lie down on the bed and they place a strap on your tummy to monitor babys heartrate and your contractions. You are asked to push a button each time you feel a contraction. You also agree to have a vaginal examination to see if you have dilated. The examination reveals you have dilated 2cm and your baby is well with a strong heartbeat. Your contractions are coming often but not in a regular sequence.

You decide to stay and be monitored every few hours and go for a walk to see if you can get things moving.

You decide to stay in hospital and stay mobile letting gravity do its job to get your labour going. You hear the sound of new babies around you and get excited at the thought you will soon be holding your new baby. Contractions continue and seem to be becoming more regular but still not at even intervals. An obstetrician comes to chat to you and offers you the following options

1) Go home for a while and come back when the contractions become more regular
2) To start a syntocinon drip to try and establish regular contractions
3) To Rupture your membranes to try to establish labor
4) To continue to wait in hospital and check back with you in a few hours to see whats happening.

Option 4 definately. There's no way I'm going home at this point and I don't want to go to the drip or ARM yet

You decide to rest for a while on the bed and the contractions come regularly but you are getting increasingly tired. You consent to another vaginal exam which reveals in the last 3 hours you have dilated another 1 cm, slightly less than you had hoped for but progress is still progress anything could happen in the next hour. Your doctor offers you some pain relief

You
Decide to get off the bed and walk around again in the hope that gravity will speed things up a bit.

You decide that you would prefer to save medication as a last resort and hope that walking around will help your baby progress. You walk around the room for a while but your midwife suggests that stepping up and down steps might help more as it opens your pelvis and helps baby to move down. You hold onto your partner and step up and down a step in your room. Your notice a small amount of fluid start to trickle and at first you fear you have wet yourself but soon realise your waters have ruptured.

You

Decide to use a beanbag for support as you rest on your hands and knees

(Are my waters clear? I'm hoping for no merconium. Yep all beautiful)

You lean forward and lower your weight into the bean bag leaving your hips free to move. The sensations are starting to come now one after the other and you feel like your getting very little time in between to relax. Your not sure how your going to cope if they keep coming this fast and your starting to get panicky

You -

Remind yourself that you need to breathe deeply during contractions and realise that holding your breath isnt helping. Your focus on the visualisation techniques you practised and re assure yourself this is all normal and it will pass.
It takes some effort to "get back on top" of your contractions as they have been coming closer and closer together but you manage to control your breathing first and then zone out as you continue with the rhythm of the birth ball. You realise now your actually humming along with the rhythm in a sort of drone and its been a while now since you actually noticed a contraction.

Do you
1) stay in the bean bag
2) ask for a birth stool you think gravity will help
3) ask for help onto the bed to rest
I'm getting pretty tired now so I think I'll have a rest on the bed please :)

ETA I am worried that if I lie down that that might slow things. Is this a slowing down of contractions a good thing or a bad thing? What do you as my midwife recommend?
Last edited by Penguin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 am

3 Little Woody's wrote:Yeah, I can visit both of you at the same time, or are you home birthing?!
I've been at the hospital since page 1, Cap's the one who's still faffing about at home :)
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

mumof2boys

Post by mumof2boys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 am

athome wrote:
Mumof2boys’ Birth story - so far

You have reached full term and you notice subtle cramps that seem to last for about 15 seconds each. They don’t seem to be coming in any regular pattern but you notice about 4 in an hour period.

You decide to lie down and rest for a while but the contractions become stronger making it hard to relax. You decide to get up and when you do you notice they are now becoming more frequent in fact they are coming every 10 mins and lasting 30 seconds.

You -
I'd check my bag and put it in the car, then put some music on and try to relax with a massage.

You sit quietly and listen to your relaxation music. Your mind keeps wandering as you imagine seeing your baby for the first time. Your relaxed and in control but you start to feel like maybe your contractions are getting further apart. You don’t want to deter yourself from your path so you decide to encourage things to keep happening before you start to time them again.

You –
Go for a walk

Going for a walk seems to have helped things progress again and you have even had to stop and breathe through the last few contractions so you decide to head back home. When you arrive you notice a light trickle and realise your waters have broken.

You
I'd love to take a bath but don't have one, so instead opt to put my fitball in the shower and sit under it for a bit while DH times the contractions.

The warm water feels wonderful on your back and your partner holds the shower head so the heat is concentrated on your lower back. You feel relaxed and its much easier to ride out the next series of contractions with the help of the water. After a while your legs start to feel weak though and your feeling unbalanced on the fit ball. Your contractions are now coming every 5 mins and lasting 40 seconds.

You

Time to call the hospital, we're a good 30min drive away and need to drop the boys off to a friend on our way there

You call the hospital and they direct you to come in when you are ready. On arrival you are shown to the birthing suite where your baby will be born. You are offered a vaginal examination to see how far dilated you are .
Do you accept the examination ?

Accept VE

You accept the vaginal examination and it reveals you have dilated 8cm and your contractions are now strong and regular. Your coping well but the trip in the car was uncomfortable and long. You are feeling agitated and tired.

You

ask for a bath
You relax in the bath. The warm water feels wonderful and you can feel your body relax. You just ride through the waves of the next few contractions until they start coming almost one after the other with no obvious break in between. Your remaining in control but just starting to break with your calm mindset when you realise they have stopped. You take a deep breath but although you are getting a break your feeling agitated and wondering how long this will take. Your considering your pain relief alternatives when another contraction starts to build. You realise now you have the urge to push through this one.

Your middy asks to perform another vaginal exam to make sure you are fully dilated before you start pushing, do you accept ?
Yes I accept, really happy to go without drugs. I missed this part of both my boys labours so it's really quite exciting.

MamaMagoO?

Post by MamaMagoO? » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:45 am

athome wrote:
Mama Magoo’s birth story ##$#$#rolling baby

You –
You decide to lie down and rest for a while but the contractions become stronger making it hard to relax. You decide to get up and when you do you notice they are now becoming more frequent in fact they are coming every 10mins and lasting 30 seconds.

You
Listen to some relaxing music and ask your partner for a massage

Your partner gently massages your lower back using the special aromatherapy labour oil your made up ( a mix of clary sage, jasmine and rose) while you listen to your relaxation music. Your contractions are now starting to establish more of a pattern. You decide to time them and r\note that they are coming every 8 mins and lasting 30 seconds.

You -

I'd like a bath now thanks

You relax in the bath and the contractions are comfortable and regular now. They are coming every 5 mins and lasting 45 seconds. You decide to get out of the bath and get dressed. You notice they are now lasting a little longer up to 60 seconds.

You -
Decide to wait home a little longer and hop back in the bath

You remain in the bath for another hour enjoying the warm water and letting the sensations roll over you. You are able to easily remain in the zone but now you are starting to feel a little agitated and restless. Your bottom feels numb from sitting and your shoulders are starting to ache so you decide to try and turn onto your tummy. It is of course impossible is such a small bath so you settle for resting on your hands and knees. Your partner puts a warm damp towel across your back to keep you warm and help with the tightening sensations but even that starts to annoy you. Your feeling a bit sweaty and cant seem to get comfortable.

You-

Think I'd be getting out of the bath and getting dressed. Guess we should call the hospital too.

You get out of the bath and as you stand you start to feel pressure and want to push. Your partner calls the hospital and they ask him to check and see if he can see the babys head crowning. He tries to look but cant see anything yet. They give you the option to come straight in if you are able or they can send an ambulance.

You -

Decide to have your baby at home and then call the hospital for advice

You put some blankets on the floor and rest on your hands and knees leaning your weight into pillows for support. Your husband calls the hospital for advice as he was not prepared to deliver a baby today ! You start to push as your body directs you to, you are feeling very calm and in control despite the change of plans. You can hear your husband talking quietly to the hospital but your not really listening your just focused on your breathing and the feeling of you baby moving down. You notice your husbands voice raise in volume as he announces " I can see the head !" he puts down the phone and catches your baby boy as he comes out. He has tears of joy as he passes him to you to hold for the first time. you put him on your chest and you husband places a blanket over both of you. An ambulance is on the way to support you and while you wait you enjoy time together. Congratulations !
Awwe! That's beautiful I have tears in my eyes. Thank you at home. I think its actually the birth I should have had with Little Magoo. We went to the hospital too late and the stress of trying not to push while we raced there was the worst thing ever. I ended up with a prolonged 2nd stage which I suspect was due to the stress of getting to the hospital. I've often wondered how things wold have turned out if I had trusted myself and my DH enough to just stay at home and push him out there. Thank you for letting me try out an alternative birth for him.
Little Magoo 07/08. Breastfed for 3yrs3mths.
Miss Magoo 10/11. Breastfed for 4yrs3mths.

athome

Post by athome » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am

Penguin’s Birth story ##$#$#rolling baby

You-
You decide to head into hospital and on arrival they admit you to their assessment unit. You lie down on the bed and they place a strap on your tummy to monitor babys heartrate and your contractions. You are asked to push a button each time you feel a contraction. You also agree to have a vaginal examination to see if you have dilated. The examination reveals you have dilated 2cm and your baby is well with a strong heartbeat. Your contractions are coming often but not in a regular sequence.

You decide to stay and be monitored every few hours and go for a walk to see if you can get things moving.

You decide to stay in hospital and stay mobile letting gravity do its job to get your labour going. You hear the sound of new babies around you and get excited at the thought you will soon be holding your new baby. Contractions continue and seem to be becoming more regular but still not at even intervals. An obstetrician comes to chat to you and offers you the following options

You-
To continue to wait in hospital and check back with you in a few hours to see whats happening.

You decide to rest for a while on the bed and the contractions come regularly but you are getting increasingly tired. You consent to another vaginal exam which reveals in the last 3 hours you have dilated another 1 cm, slightly less than you had hoped for but progress is still progress anything could happen in the next hour. Your doctor offers you some pain relief

You
Decide to get off the bed and walk around again in the hope that gravity will speed things up a bit.

You decide that you would prefer to save medication as a last resort and hope that walking around will help your baby progress. You walk around the room for a while but your midwife suggests that stepping up and down steps might help more as it opens your pelvis and helps baby to move down. You hold onto your partner and step up and down a step in your room. Your notice a small amount of fluid start to trickle and at first you fear you have wet yourself but soon realise your waters have ruptured.

You

You lean forward and lower your weight into the bean bag leaving your hips free to move. The sensations are starting to come now one after the other and you feel like your getting very little time in between to relax. Your not sure how your going to cope if they keep coming this fast and your starting to get panicky

You -

Remind yourself that you need to breathe deeply during contractions and realise that holding your breath isnt helping. Your focus on the visualisation techniques you practised and re assure yourself this is all normal and it will pass.

It takes some effort to "get back on top" of your contractions as they have been coming closer and closer together but you manage to control your breathing first and then zone out as you continue with the rhythm of the birth ball. You realise now your actually humming along with the rhythm in a sort of drone and its been a while now since you actually noticed a contraction.

You -

I'm getting pretty tired now so I think I'll have a rest on the bed please

ETA I am worried that if I lie down that that might slow things. Is this a slowing down of contractions a good thing or a bad thing? What do you as my midwife recommend?

Ok talking off in a bubble here :lol: I am not a qualified midwife IRL. As a doula I just help you work out the questions. Perhaps there is a qualified middy reading here who can offer advice. Having said that , there are quite a few variables here 1) bubs heart rate - if bub is happy then take your time if bubs heartrate is dipping you may want to keep things going in a timely manner. If you have a history of tearing and you want to minimise the chances of that occuring again then it may be better to deliver your baby on your side with someone lifting your top leg. This just slows down the speed at which bub comes out. Gravity on the other hand ie standing, squatting or using a birth stool speed up the delivery and can lead to tearing but on the other hand an easier pushing stage. Lots of pros and cons so thats why its good to consider each birth individually and not consider there to be a right or wrong way. Clear as mud :lol: ) Continuing on .......
You move to the bed but dont feel like you can lie down so your midwife helps prop you onto your hands and knees using pillows. You hold the bed head for support and your partner rubs your lower back. Within minutes you feel the pressure on your cervix change and you feel the urge to push. You continue to push through each contraction breathing deeply then you notice a burning sensation as your baby head is delivered. A couple of pushes later your baby arrives and your partner assists you to lie back and rest as you hold your baby girl for the first time. Congratulations.

athome

Post by athome » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 am

You decide to lie down and rest for a while but the contractions become stronger making it hard to relax. You decide to get up and when you do you notice they are now becoming more frequent in fact they are coming every 10 mins and lasting 30 seconds.

You -
I'd check my bag and put it in the car, then put some music on and try to relax with a massage.

You sit quietly and listen to your relaxation music. Your mind keeps wandering as you imagine seeing your baby for the first time. Your relaxed and in control but you start to feel like maybe your contractions are getting further apart. You don’t want to deter yourself from your path so you decide to encourage things to keep happening before you start to time them again.

You –
Go for a walk

Going for a walk seems to have helped things progress again and you have even had to stop and breathe through the last few contractions so you decide to head back home. When you arrive you notice a light trickle and realise your waters have broken.

You
I'd love to take a bath but don't have one, so instead opt to put my fitball in the shower and sit under it for a bit while DH times the contractions.

The warm water feels wonderful on your back and your partner holds the shower head so the heat is concentrated on your lower back. You feel relaxed and its much easier to ride out the next series of contractions with the help of the water. After a while your legs start to feel weak though and your feeling unbalanced on the fit ball. Your contractions are now coming every 5 mins and lasting 40 seconds.

You

Time to call the hospital, we're a good 30min drive away and need to drop the boys off to a friend on our way there

You call the hospital and they direct you to come in when you are ready. On arrival you are shown to the birthing suite where your baby will be born. You are offered a vaginal examination to see how far dilated you are .

Accept VE

You accept the vaginal examination and it reveals you have dilated 8cm and your contractions are now strong and regular. Your coping well but the trip in the car was uncomfortable and long. You are feeling agitated and tired.

You

ask for a bath

You relax in the bath. The warm water feels wonderful and you can feel your body relax. You just ride through the waves of the next few contractions until they start coming almost one after the other with no obvious break in between. Your remaining in control but just starting to break with your calm mindset when you realise they have stopped. You take a deep breath but although you are getting a break your feeling agitated and wondering how long this will take. Your considering your pain relief alternatives when another contraction starts to build. You realise now you have the urge to push through this one.

Your middy asks to perform another vaginal exam to make sure you are fully dilated before you start pushing, do you accept ?

Yes I accept, really happy to go without drugs. I missed this part of both my boys labours so it's really quite exciting.
You consent to the vaginal examination and it reveals you are fully dilated and your babys head is low and ready. Your middy suggests you start pushing as you feel the urge but your already pushing now, your body has taken over and your trusting your instinct and doing what feels right. Your amazed at how powerful you feel now its like your body is challenging you and your meeting it with every contraction. Your focused on meeting your baby and know that moment will soon be here. You continue to push just waiting to feel that burning sensation people keep telling your about but its not here yet.
You midwife tells you your baby is so very close but may just need a little assistance. She suggests using ventouse ( suction) or Forceps just to get baby through as you are becoming tired and baby is so close.

she explains how the methods compare-

Forceps
You will require effective pain relief before the delivery is carried out
You will have to have an episiotomy (a cut into the back of the vagina)
There is a risk of damage to your vagina and bladder
You baby may be bruised or may suffer minor nerve damage

Ventouse
Pain relief may not be necessary as this is a less invasive procedure than forceps
It may be possible to apply the cup to the baby’s head without cutting the vagina
There is less risk of damage to your vagina and bladder
The baby may have a cephalhaematoma (blood blister)
In some cases (for instance where a baby is stuck and needs to be rotated inside the mother) ventouse may not be possible, and forceps will have to be used

Research suggests that for women, a ventouse delivery is a much gentler option than forceps. For babies, it doesn’t seem to make much difference - both forceps and ventouse deliveries carry small risks.

You -

1) Accept assistance using forceps ?
2) Accept assistance using Ventouse ?
3) Tell her you want to try to continue pushing for longer ?

mumof2boys

Post by mumof2boys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:28 am

athome wrote:

You -

You –
Go for a walk

You

You

Accept VE

You

ask for a bath

You consent to the vaginal examination and it reveals you are fully dilated and your babys head is low and ready. Your middy suggests you start pushing as you feel the urge but your already pushing now, your body has taken over and your trusting your instinct and doing what feels right. Your amazed at how powerful you feel now its like your body is challenging you and your meeting it with every contraction. Your focused on meeting your baby and know that moment will soon be here. You continue to push just waiting to feel that burning sensation people keep telling your about but its not here yet.
You midwife tells you your baby is so very close but may just need a little assistance. She suggests using ventouse ( suction) or Forceps just to get baby through as you are becoming tired and baby is so close.

Forceps

Ventouse
Pain relief may not be necessary as this is a less invasive procedure than forceps
It may be possible to apply the cup to the baby’s head without cutting the vagina
In some cases (for instance where a baby is stuck and needs to be rotated inside the mother) ventouse may not be possible, and forceps will have to be used

Research suggests that for women, a ventouse delivery is a much gentler option than forceps. For babies, it doesn’t seem to make much difference - both forceps and ventouse deliveries carry small risks.

You -

Come to an agreement to try pushing for a bit longer and to change positions if I can. If it doesn't work then the Ventouse as I had it with DS1 and he small cephalhaematoma but was fine.

athome

Post by athome » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 am

Mumof2boys’ Birth story - ##$#$#rolling baby

You -

You –
Go for a walk

You

You

Accept VE

You

ask for a bath

Forceps

Ventouse

You -

Come to an agreement to try pushing for a bit longer and to change positions if I can. If it doesn't work then the Ventouse as I had it with DS1 and he small cephalhaematoma but was fine.

You feel a renewed determination and energy and decide to try a new position to help your baby through this last stage. You use a squat bar to allow you to open your pelvis as much as possible and allow your body to push your baby out. Your feel that burning sensation and know you baby is coming, moments later you feel your baby turn and suddenly slide out into your midwifes hands. You relax and hold out your arms to take your baby boy. He looks you deeply in the eye and lets out his first sounds announcing his arrival. Congratulations !

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:01 pm

athome wrote:
Penguin’s Birth story ##$#$#rolling baby

You-

You-
To continue to wait in hospital and check back with you in a few hours to see whats happening.

You

You

You -

You -

I'm getting pretty tired now so I think I'll have a rest on the bed please

Ok talking off in a bubble here :lol: I am not a qualified midwife IRL. As a doula I just help you work out the questions. Perhaps there is a qualified middy reading here who can offer advice. Having said that , there are quite a few variables here 1) bubs heart rate - if bub is happy then take your time if bubs heartrate is dipping you may want to keep things going in a timely manner. If you have a history of tearing and you want to minimise the chances of that occuring again then it may be better to deliver your baby on your side with someone lifting your top leg. This just slows down the speed at which bub comes out. Gravity on the other hand ie standing, squatting or using a birth stool speed up the delivery and can lead to tearing but on the other hand an easier pushing stage. Lots of pros and cons so thats why its good to consider each birth individually and not consider there to be a right or wrong way. Clear as mud :lol: ) Continuing on .......
You move to the bed but dont feel like you can lie down so your midwife helps prop you onto your hands and knees using pillows. You hold the bed head for support and your partner rubs your lower back. Within minutes you feel the pressure on your cervix change and you feel the urge to push. You continue to push through each contraction breathing deeply then you notice a burning sensation as your baby head is delivered. A couple of pushes later your baby arrives and your partner assists you to lie back and rest as you hold your baby girl for the first time. Congratulations.

Awww, yay! A baby!

Thanks so much for organising the game at home, I loved it. DH thinks that we;re all nuts for playing a game where we are pretending to be in labour, but I loved it. Thanks :)
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

mumof2boys

Post by mumof2boys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow what a wonderful labour and birth!!! I got all teary when I read the last part, I did it!

Capricious
Trainee

Post by Capricious » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 pm

While I'm in the zone I think I'll stay on the birth ball. Actually I might give them a quick call if I don't think it'll break my groove too much.

athome

Post by athome » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Last edited by athome on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

athome

Post by athome » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Caps story - so far

You –

Lie down for sure! Get some rest in case I'll be needing the extra energy soon

You -

Put the bags into the car and have a snack

You have some toast and sip on iced water but your feeling the need to walk around . It seems to feel easier to walk around than to sit still but you continue to note the sensations your getting, still gentle but frequent. You decide to check your hospital bags one more time and look for a way to distract yourself.

You -

I would take a shower.

You hop in the shower and the warm water feels wonderful on your back. You rest on the screen just letting the flow of water massage your lower back. After a while your legs start to feel a bit wobbly and you need to rest. Your starting to feel the sensations in your lower back and your not sure if this is a result of standing in the shower too long or something else.

You -

Go for a walk to try and "release" your back
and if I kept feeling the sensations in my back I'd crawl around for a while

Going for a walk seems to have helped a little but your still feeling the sensations in your lower back but it feels less intense than before. You are concerned things may be slowing down but feel the need to go to the toilet again. Moments after going to the toilet your waters break and your soaking through towels with all the fluid. The fluid is clear.
You

Call your birth partner.
You phone your husband but its going to take him an hour to get home to you

You

I would try he inversions and then fill in the rest of the time before DH arrives home with a bath

You try a basic inversion by lifting your bottom up and lowering your shoulders to the ground. You have to keep sitting up again because it makes you dizzy but after a while you notice the fluid has stopped leaking. Your not sure if it has finally run out. You hear your husband come through he front door and walk up to greet him. Your back is feeling a little better and your fluid has stopped leaking now.

You-
I think I'll go for a walk

Going for a walk seems to have helped things progress and you felt a little uncomfortable as your babys limbs seemed to push hard on your tummy. Theres a lot of slow but strong movement in there and you are now feeling the contractions in you tummy more than your lower back which is a great relief. You feel like something has changed and the contractions seem to be coming more often. You time them and realise they are now coming every 8 mins and lasting 45 seconds.

You -

Decide to sit on a birth ball for a while , you dont want to risk slowing things down by laying down

You relax your weight onto the birth ball. Rocking in figure 8 motions seems to be helping your back to relax and you can feel your baby moving in your pelvis. Its becoming easier to breathe now and your feeling relaxed and almost zoned out by the rhythmic movement. You are able to stay in the zone through the next series of contractions breathing deeply and feeling each wave pass. You time your contractions and realise they are coming every 4 minutes and lasting 45 seconds.

You -
Stay on the birth ball
You decide to remain on the birth ball but ask your husband to call the hospital and let them know whats happening. While he is speaking to them you notice the contractions are coming one after the other and your just not getting a break. Its getting harder to stay composed but your managing to breathe deeply and remind yourself of your birthing affirmations. Your in control but know this baby will soon be here. The hospital suggests you come straight in.

Do you -
1)Stay at home and ask them to send an ambulance
2)Get your husband to drive you in
3) Continue to sit on the birth ball, your comfortable there and happy to be left alone

Capricious
Trainee

Post by Capricious » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:13 pm

It's like you were there for my labour. In real life I had my doula drive me to hospital but in this scenario I will just have DH take me :D

JMc

Post by JMc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:54 pm

athome wrote: While he is speaking to them you notice the contractions are coming one after the other and your just not getting a break. Its getting harder to stay composed but your managing to breathe deeply and remind yourself of your birthing affirmations. Your in control but know this baby will soon be here.
I love that everyone in this game is managing so well! This is the point in my labour with DS I started screaming. And boy, did it feel good! And then the pain stopped and I felt embarrassed :oops:
DD - November 2009 (Breastfed 19 months)
DS1 - August 2011 (Breastfed 2 years and 8 months)
DS2 - November 2014 (Breastfeeding happily)