Third Trimester Discussion

Ever feel that you would like to be able to ask some questions and have a
chat without feeling that you have to defend your choice to do things the
way you feel comfortable? Discuss your desires, aims and ask your questions
of other Mums here. If you need medical advice, please ask your medical
adviser, we aren't qualified to help you in that department and our Code of
Ethics for ABA means we do not discuss Health Professionals or Hospitals by
name. (Everyone's experiences are different and what may not agree with one
person, may be totally agreeable to another.)

PellyintheWilderness

Re: Third Trimester Discussion

Post by PellyintheWilderness » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:24 am

In light of Andy's new thread, it would be unfair to start taking bets now.
Proud co-storker for AndyPandy (with mooki)
Proud co-storker for Jenbt85 (with AussieBritLu)

DD May 2005 bf 12 months
DS1 May 2005 bf 37 months
DS2 Nov 2011 bf 36 months
DS3 Nov 2011 bf 38 months

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:47 am

Holy guacamole! I'm in this bit now!! 78 days to go according to my app. Woohoo :)
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

PellyintheWilderness

Post by PellyintheWilderness » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:57 am

Woot! How are you feeling? Still got room to eat and breathe?
Proud co-storker for AndyPandy (with mooki)
Proud co-storker for Jenbt85 (with AussieBritLu)

DD May 2005 bf 12 months
DS1 May 2005 bf 37 months
DS2 Nov 2011 bf 36 months
DS3 Nov 2011 bf 38 months

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:25 am

PellyintheWilderness wrote:Woot! How are you feeling? Still got room to eat and breathe?
Feeling calm, happy and grateful. I have room to breathe, if not eat. So much heartburn this time around!
DD - breastfeeding

fellare

Post by fellare » Fri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Waves. Just saw a midwife. All is well. Bub was head down. Im so lucky with a super easy pregnancy. Getting ready to settle. Might stay in mildura. Buying a very nice tent soon!
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:47 am

34 days to go! How are the other third trimester-ers going?
DD - breastfeeding

fellare

Post by fellare » Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Wow, it goes fast! Im doing well. Usual aches. Mostly at my sides for some reason. Still easily doable.

trying to figure out the birth space and how to get enough hot water and light. It will work out. I got a private mw now and looking for a doula. I dont think i can fit a photographer in which is a shame. Thinking about doing a belly cast. Id love to do 4, to represent support. Id paint and decorate. But not sure how to fit it in and what to do after.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

Ronale
Counsellor

Post by Ronale » Mon May 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Wow Jen, that's seems so soon!
10ish weeks to go, ob appointment on Wed, all seems to be progressing in a boringly normal fashion. Had a very uncomfortable weekend, and the seats over the weekend were incredibly unhelpful for my hip pain, so was a pretty grumpy lady by the end of Sunday, but feeling better now. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow, or if not, back to osteo/massage this week.
Was super excited to discover hospital has snacks on demand rather than just when the tea trolley comes around - should be much easier overnight than previous experiences have been :D And that when babies are admitted to special care they are mostly kept with mum (the exception being when they are jaundiced and need light therapy, obviously)
DS 06.10
DS2 01.13
DS3 07.15 Storked by the fantabulous moOKI

nat*4

Post by nat*4 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:45 pm

34 weeks in to my fourth pregnancy and I am overrrrrrrrrrrr it!!!!!

I have well and truly had enough now.... So ridiculously uncomfortable, in pain every day and haven't slept properly for months...

I am questioning how I get through the next possible 6 weeks :(
DS1 2003, DS2 2008, DS3 2010 and some little angel babies <3<3
Hoping to add to my little brood :):)

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Ronale, that's great that your pregnancy is going so smoothly! I've had the back pain too (though less this time) and I fully empathise with you. I'm really excited about the food at my hospital too :D I don't know how long I'll stay there though. Hope I'm not prying by asking, but is there a reason you looked into special care arrangements? It sounds like a great set up :)

Nat, you poor love. Is it the discomfort keeping you awake? Keep venting here! Does anything help? Huge hugs.
DD - breastfeeding

nat*4

Post by nat*4 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:20 am

Yep it's the discomfort, Monday was a particularly bad day, been much better since then.. Just when you think you can't on things seem to settle down a bit..

I think he's moved from posterior to anterior now so that has made a huge difference to my comfort levels, will find out for sure tomorrow, have a final scan..

Still can't believe there's going to be a baby in the house soon, it's been 5years!!!! Can't wait to see what he looks like.. Very exciting!!!!!!

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:09 am

I'm glad you're more comfortable now :D I still don't think I fully comprehend that I'm having a baby! I'm really excited for you, Nat. I know how much you wanted this and it's just brilliant that it's happened for you. I'm excited that our due dates are so close together. Not long to go now! :) :) Had you held onto baby clothes or are you planning on starting again? :D
DD - breastfeeding

nat*4

Post by nat*4 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:24 am

Hahaha I said it to my midwife at the last appt, she said I better get used to the idea quick smart haha..

I just feel so lucky.. No I didn't keep a THING, but have had very generous friends pass on some beautiful bits and pieces.. I bought a pram a couple of weeks ago that I LOVE ha ha.. I'm all ready to go, just waiting on the baby now!!!

Was your last bubba early?? My 3 were all between 13-17 days early, so of course I'm expecting another early bubba, which means he'll prolly play 'where's the baby??' until the last minute hahaha..

Do you know what you're having?? Not long nowwwwwww!!!!! Woot whoooooo!!!!!!

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:43 am

Haha :D labour might be a good wake up call for us!

How exciting to go and buy new stuff! I'm in two minds about changing our pram. I might baby wear for the first few months and keep my son in the pram if needed. We're phasing out the pram with him and in six months he will be close to three so can't see him still using it much.

H was ten days early in the end, but at 36 weeks last time I had a show, plus contractions and was 2cm dilated. My hospital did foetal monitoring then and told me I'd have a baby by the end of the day... But he arrived ten days later! :D I am expecting another early baby (my ob thinks this will happen) and have cleared our schedule of anything non-playgroup from 37 weeks! I'm not feeling like it's going to happen ultra soon though. I don't feel too fed up with it yet.

We're having a girl this time :)
DD - breastfeeding

Ronale
Counsellor

Post by Ronale » Thu May 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Jenbt85 wrote:Hope I'm not prying by asking, but is there a reason you looked into special care arrangements? It sounds like a great set up :)
Not prying - the reason is actually a good discussion that I would encourage all pregnant women to have regardless of their expected outcomes :) I'm not expecting any issues this time, but who knows what might eventuate.

Both my sister and I had our full term boringly normal pregnancy babies admitted to special care (my first) as a result of 'infection'/high temp (I'm not entirely sure, would have to look/ask again). In my case, while he was admitted, he remained with me the whole time - taken away for 5-10 minutes for weighing or medication administration on some occasions, others they would administer the medication in my room. I was 'allowed' to stay in hospital until he was ready for discharge. In my sister's case her son was admitted and kept in SCN for 4 days. She was discharged on day 3 and had to spend that night 45 minutes away from her baby. In addition to this, despite having provided EBM for her son they apparently elected not to give it and gave formula instead. In both cases the babies needed antibiotics given through a cannula and monitoring at specific time intervals. So there didn't appear to be any real difference in need, just in the way the hospital approached the SCN protocol.
So, when I got pregnant and had to choose a hospital, I was under a bit of pressure to choose a specific one that provided SCN 'at the bed' instead of int he nursery. I didn't want to go to that hospital for other reasons, and felt confident that should the issue arise I (as a third time mum) would be able to argue my way out of having my baby rooming away from me. I'm relieved this won't be the case, and obviously now the pressure is off, and everyone is very happy.

I would encourage you to have a chat with your hospital about the protocols for SCN regardless of whether you're expecting a baby with issues as my experience is that the slightest issue and they will want to admit the baby - they don't want issues arising with newborns so tend to be very cautious which is understandable really. Obviously there are some conditions that will mean bub needs to spend time in SCN - photo therapy for jaundice would be one. But if it's just antibiotics every 4 hours, then I don't see why bub can't stay with mum.
DS 06.10
DS2 01.13
DS3 07.15 Storked by the fantabulous moOKI