Cloud Nine

Ever feel that you would like to be able to ask some questions and have a
chat without feeling that you have to defend your choice to do things the
way you feel comfortable? Discuss your desires, aims and ask your questions
of other Mums here. If you need medical advice, please ask your medical
adviser, we aren't qualified to help you in that department and our Code of
Ethics for ABA means we do not discuss Health Professionals or Hospitals by
name. (Everyone's experiences are different and what may not agree with one
person, may be totally agreeable to another.)

~WildChild~

Cloud Nine

Post by ~WildChild~ » Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 pm

The slackest storker in history is just checking in again ....

How is everything going? Feeling well? Getting sorted and ready for bub's arrival? Are your kids excited?
DS1 2006 - breastfed for 5 years
DS2 2009 - breastfed for 5 years
DD 2011 - breastfed for 4 years 9 months
Angel baby 2016
Storking ClOuD_NiNe

ClOuD_NiNe

Re: Cloud Nine

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Mon May 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks for checking in, and you're not slack! I have to look at my ticker to remind myself how far along I am! :oops:

All is going well. Starting to feel very big and experiencing a few discomforts I never got in my other two pregnancies. I've noticed that when I exercise though it makes a huge difference to my comfort and energy levels. I hadn't been exercising much with the big move and was feeling crappy, but have made the effort to go walking or swimming and feel so much better for it.

I bought some baby clothes the other day, realising that I'd given away most of the baby stuff we had. Other than that I just have to organise a car seat and then I'll be as ready as can be. It's funny how this time is so different to the first (and second)... Back then I was stocked up with clothing, bedding, bouncer chair, playmat, toys, bath products, nappies. This time it's kinda like "meh, that'll do." I have a few things and will make do :lol:

The kids are excited (I think!). They've been able to feel the baby kick quite often recently so that makes things a lot more real. Pretending to be babies is one of their favourite games at the moment. They also draw pictures for the baby, and Miss 3 alternates between being a big girl ("the baby can't do this but I can do this because I'm a big girl") and a baby ("I'm a baby, the baby can't talk, waaaaa").

I've just chosen a Lead Maternity Carer, a lovely local midwife. The NZ continuity of care system is quite different to the maternity system in Australia. I'm seriously considering a home birth this time, I have an appt with my midwife on Wed so will discuss it more with her then.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker