New Year - New Level of Fitness

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!
3 Little Woody's

Post by 3 Little Woody's » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Ok, I'm in. DS1 turns 4 ( :shock: :shock: ) early March. So I'd like to get stay on track with 1kg a week. And then I'll be the weight I was before I got pregnant with him!

mum2H&R

Post by mum2H&R » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 pm

:-D great start for me 4km walk/jog. I started the C25K at week 3 - to make sure that I don't; injure my hamstring again - going to do this lot outdoors on a flat surface & once I'm going well will start introducing interval runs & hills to build on my speed & distance. Not that great on the food front but I did have chicken salad for dinner.

How did everyone else go?
DS1 - April 06
DS2 - August 08
DD - October 10

What other people think of me is none of my business.

s squirrel

Post by s squirrel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Well.... Seafood's good for you right :wink:
So.... I had two dozen fresh from the boat, oysters on new years day 8)
A little fresh ground pepper, a pinch of salt and some lime juice - Oh My God, don't care about their supposed aphrodisiac qualities, but they were the yummiest thing I can remember eating for ages :-D
All DH could say was "don't eat too many and make yourself sick"
I think I could have two dozen like that every day!!
And they were only $14/dozen 8)
He pays twice that for his stupid cigarettes :roll:

We just got home this arvo, so will be measuring and marking distances in pink spray paint on the road tomorrow :-D to get this running thing happening again!
If you can't fly, then run,
if you can't run, then walk,
if you can't walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do you have to keep moving
forward.... – MLK

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 am

A bit excited at my tickers ticking over. They're a pain, though - I have to manually update them (ie, do the maths myself) - the one I had last year was great - it did the calculations automatically, and all I had to do was enter in "today's exercise" or whatever. Might have a look around and see what I can find.

Sore ankle today, though, so no second session today. Not sure how the weight loss is going - I had a crazy munchies day yesterday. :shock:
DS1 born sleeping
DS2 BF 2y2m (using supply line)
DS3 BF 2y2m2w2d (because we like patterns - 9 months with SNS)
DS4 BF 3y10m3w4d (8 months with SNS)

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 am

wow BM, How on earth do you fit in that much time? Is it part of your your school pick ups/drop offs? Unless I go for a walk during the day with the kids, I often get around slots of 15 mins or less at a time. I guess your baby is the same as my biggest though.

A few days in Im doing OK, back on the treadmill when I can. Im liking using my new HRM too.

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:44 am

DH is home on admin duties atm - we start back at work next week.

But I go early in the morning and after the kids are in bed at night. I'm keen to get an exercise bike for when it starts getting dark earlier, and when we're back at work, DH is taking me to see the PTIs for a circuit program I can do at work at lunchtime. When I'm at work, I add exercise into my work day because it's not so easy at home, and I've started walking to do my daycare pick up as often as I can. DS3 goes to school this year, though, so it's only DS4 in daycare - I've pushed his hours out a bit so that I can still walk for pickups (after DH is home - I put dinner on, and go while it's cooking, and he usually comes to get us - it was 4km one way to pick up DS3, it will be a bit less for DS4).
DS1 born sleeping

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 am

Oh, and I finally learnt when DS4 was about 12 months old that it was better all round to actually leave the house for exercise - if I got on the treadmill, I usually had an audience, or DH would interrupt just as I got in my groove because he "needed help" with the kids.

Last summer, when he was 2 and a bit, DS4 had a difficult sleep stage, where he would only go to sleep at night in the pram - some nights, I would walk him for an hour or more!
DS1 born sleeping

mum2H&R

Post by mum2H&R » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm

BM if you find that ticker can you please pm it to me too, I'd like one that adds up for me.

Day 2 - 4.15 km walk / 40 minutes :-D

Not sure what I'm going to do today, it's hot here, we still have to put the new motor in the treadmill so can't use that. I was keen to run around the lake again - but I'll wait and see how cool it gets & otherwise I just might head to the gym.

Aiming for 30 minutes a day - 2/2 :-D
DS1 - April 06
DS2 - August 08
DD - October 10

What other people think of me is none of my business.

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 am

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/t ... php?type=8
This was my ticker from last year. Just browsing around to see if I can find something for what I need this year.
DS1 born sleeping

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 pm

How's everyone going? I'm still feeling enthusiastic. Got a heart rate monitor yesterday - was surprised to discover I don't push myself as hard as I should. (Those who know me well probably AREN'T surprised :oops: :lol: ) - I ended up running 3km quite comfortably, so I'm feeling more confident about being ready to run the 10km MDC this year. We'll see how that goes...

I started back swimming again today. a PB for distance - 28 laps in 30 minutes - 25m pool, though. But my last swim was only 26 laps, in nearly 40 minutes, so I'm happy with today.

And as we got in the car, we bumped into a colleague who first inspired DH's marathon running - he's also a highly qualified yoga instructor, and has just finished a course in core strength, which is exactly what we both need.

And we're off to see the pretty boys (no, wait, I mean PTIs :wink:) at work next week in hopes of getting programs done up. I'd love to do some rowing and other cardio work, as well as a bit of weights to build my strength.

Still averaging well over 30 minutes a day, and have exercised EVERY day so far. Even if it IS at 9pm, it still counts, right?

Hoping for a bike ride this evening and then planning a run sometime tomorrow.
DS1 born sleeping

s squirrel

Post by s squirrel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:45 pm

BM you are rocking it in :smt040

Me, I just ate salad, and am having a pink lady ape for something sweet
forward.... – MLK

~WildChild~

Post by ~WildChild~ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:43 pm

You are doing brilliantly well BM!!
I've had a good week with both food & exercise. I've lost 10.3kg now, so that's good. I feel better too. Have had a so so day today & been a bit picky with sweet foods. I know I feel better when I don't eat them but I still do. What's with that???
DS1 2006 - breastfed for 5 years
DS2 2009 - breastfed for 5 years
DD 2011 - breastfed for 4 years 9 months
Angel baby 2016
Storking ClOuD_NiNe

Tilly

Post by Tilly » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Can I join you lovely ladies? I've got 20kg to lose (man that sounds overwhelming) but ill start with losing 5kg. So far this year I've gone back to the points counting program and have increased my walking and even gone to the gym twice!

Right now I'm on holiday and I'm finding the food aspect quite difficult with so much temptation around me. I'm moving more ( walking heaps) but sneaking in pesky little chocolates too :-(.

This year I really want to work on my willpower and being kind to myself. I want to eat highly nutritious good food and minimise processed and packet food. Exercise is also high on my priority list.
Proud Mummy of two gorgeous girls....

Jasmine 25th June 2008
Matilda 9th March 2011

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am

So, so, so, so very very tired :smt015
DS1 born sleeping

s squirrel

Post by s squirrel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 am

Bailey's Mum wrote:So, so, so, so very very tired :smt015
from exercising so much, or lack of good sleep?
forward.... – MLK