Hello

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!
Ranger 2

Hello

Post by Ranger 2 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello everyone it has been a long time since I have posted on the forum. Johanna is now 11.5 years old and is in year 5. Abby who made me so sick when I was pregnant with her is 4 years old and started kindy this year. Time has certainly flown, would love to hear what you have all been up to. Have noticed a few new names which is great. :smt006
Twin Angels Sam & Charlie 21/11/2011
Johanna 8 years Abby 1 Year Old
Proudly fed Johanna for 3 years and 7 months.

Feebes

Re: Hello

Post by Feebes » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Ranger 2 wrote:Hello everyone it has been a long time since I have posted on the forum. Johanna is now 11.5 years old and is in year 5. Abby who made me so sick when I was pregnant with her is 4 years old and started kindy this year. Time has certainly flown, would love to hear what you have all been up to. Have noticed a few new names which is great. :smt006
*Waves hi*

DD is now 15 and I am super keen for her to get her L's in January!! She is in year 10 and at this stage wants to be a police officer. She is enjoying school and has some really good friendships. She is looking for casual work after school.

DS is now 12 and in year 6. He struggles a lot at school and is suspected to be dyslexic. He loves playing footy and his voice is starting to change!

DD2 is now nearly 7 (4 sleeps she tells me) and in year 1, she has struggled a little bit at school, but is now having some assistance and is doing really well. She is so outgoing and a social butterfly.

I've been working permanent part time for just over 2 years in the aged care sector and I love it, its very challenging but very rewarding.

I am still single and have no plans to change that! :wink: :lol:

It's good to hear from the older forumites and to hear what they have been up to!

Feebes
DD 02
DS 05
DD2 2010

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Post by AussieBritLu » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi :)
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

Nedsmum

Post by Nedsmum » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm here ! I'm still in Switzerland (nearly 10 years!) and the eldest is 17, other two children are 15 and 9. Eldest is doing great, studying languages, information and communications. Middle child is struggling to find a transition from school to work, he needs to study again next year and do a pre-apprenticeship course - he wants to do IT. Youngest has dyslexia but is learning to read at 9 in German, English and French! - he loves his Montessori school! I was just in vienna the last couple of days to help pack up a classroom for a teacher who is relocating to work for us in a month's time... living in the centre of Europe has its perks!

Hubby is happy working here and all is 'same as ever' for him, the way he likes it. I had a mental health challenge about 12 months ago and am 'in recovery' with ongoing treatment for anxiety/depression- I got gastro from work (I work in a Montessori childcare) and that evolved into panic attacks with vomiting (I'd heard of panic attacks with hyperventilating - my sister has this - but mine was with hot flashes and vomiting... I now know what it's like when anxiety and obsession takes over the brain - I became obsessed with eating, almost to the point of 'gee, this is what anorexia must feel like'... lost heaps of weight too...but the medication agreed to take made me put it all back on again!...

So... moving on...teenagers can be as tough as toddlers, that's for sure!
Breastmilk - the ultimate 'brain food'!!!

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 am

Nedsmum, you are one of the enduring forumites in my memory. I often find myself thinking, 'How would NM say this?" when I am counselling, etc.

And I KNOW in my head your kids must be as old as they are, because I know how old MY kids are, but it's still a shock to see it in writing. I still have Switzerland envy, too, LOL. :smt006
DS1 born sleeping
DS2 BF 2y2m (using supply line)
DS3 BF 2y2m2w2d (because we like patterns - 9 months with SNS)
DS4 BF 3y10m3w4d (8 months with SNS)

Nedsmum

Post by Nedsmum » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 am

Thanks! It's been a long while since I was posting regularly... and I had a tough year last year and am slowly getting 'my old self' back... nice to get that encouragement from you!
Breastmilk - the ultimate 'brain food'!!!