I was on the receiving end of someone else's bad day today!

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!
Mummy woo!
Site Admin

I was on the receiving end of someone else's bad day today!

Post by Mummy woo! » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Driving the kids in to town this afternoon. On the road up ahead in another lane I noticed a woman shaking her hands above her head in frustration at the slow pace of the traffic pulling away from the lights. Two vehicles in front of her was a heavily laden truck so I'm not sure what she was expecting, but she didn't like what she got. I left a bit of space for her to change lanes but she didn't so I trundled past. Then she pulled in behind me and didn't like that I was doing the speed limit, or that I slowed down a smidge so as not to be beside the long truck as it went around a bendy bit of road. She pulled up behind me very close and gestured over and over that I should go faster, shouting something (!)

Now I can't control what someone else does while driving, but I know that for every km/h you need a metre to stop safely. So if someone wants to drive 10 metres off my bumper, you know how fast I'm going to drive to make it safe, don't you?! I tapped the brakes just enough to flash my brake lights but she didn't get the hint, so we trundled along like that for about a kilometre before it was time for us to turn off. She went zooming past gesturing and shouting out the window. She wasn't wishing me a pleasant rest of the day, that is for sure :roll:

Anyhow, I hope her day got better and I can't imagine what on earth could have been so important at 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon. It has really stuck with me. But my day improved immensely - my sister and I took Grandma Woo and Great Grandma Woo to the nicest hotel in town for high tea. The glass of champagne soothed my frazzled nerves and we had a lovely time 8)
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Esther

Re: I was on the receiving end of someone else's bad day tod

Post by Esther » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Hugs. Glad you drove safely and were able to ignore the rage as much as you did. Xmas craziness.... :roll:
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

Andypandy

Re: I was on the receiving end of someone else's bad day tod

Post by Andypandy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:11 am

The high tea sounds lovely
DS1: May 09 Breastfed 2y7m
DS2: Oct 2012 Breastfed 2y1m I am pretending he is weaned
DD: Feb 2015