Running a bit late this year!

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!
Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Re: Running a bit late this year!

Post by Mummy woo! » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:52 pm

breastfeedingisnormal wrote:
Mummy woo! wrote:Just ordered our Christmas cards (I have photo cards printed every year). They will be delivered about 6 December - so I will have to get my skates on to get them posted.

Presents also not quite as far along as I usually like to be. How is everyone else going?
You could address the envelopes in advance.

I am in denial. So watch for last second drama and woe.
Ah, but the envelopes come with the cards :roll:

Just ordered all the kids presents. Bought mum and dad some concert tickets on Friday, ordered a photo mug for my Nana and I'll fill it with shortbread. So now just need something for my needs-nothing super picky grandma and I'm done! Might take her out for high tea instead of a present - will have to see if she is well enough for the outing.

Nearly there and it is still November - I win being me this week!!!!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 pm

And nearly all my parcels are on the way! I love parcel tracking :)

Feebes

Post by Feebes » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:15 pm

One word, terrible!

Mainly cause its a $$ thing more than anything.

I think that I might like to spend more on a 3-4 night stay somewhere than Christmas presents.

Feebes
DD 02
DS 05
DD2 2010

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Feebes wrote:One word, terrible!

Mainly cause its a $$ thing more than anything.

I think that I might like to spend more on a 3-4 night stay somewhere than Christmas presents.

Feebes
Maybe the kids would be in to that? We have tried a few different 'experience' presents and the kids have been on-board. We just saw the Nutcracker to celebrate Mrs Moops' birthday :)

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Haven't done anything because things are fucked. Some nice Roll Call people offered to send the girls presents so they would have something which was very lovely. Otherwise it's vegemite sandwiches and happy meal toys here, methinks. Unless a lot changes very quickly.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

SadiesMum

Post by SadiesMum » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:18 am

No idea what to get Mr17. He has no idea either is not helpful. He'd love a car. A boy can dream...
DS 07/07/99 and DD 19/06/05
♥ ♥Both breastfed and beautiful!♥ ♥

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Penguin wrote:Haven't done anything because things are fucked. Some nice Roll Call people offered to send the girls presents so they would have something which was very lovely. Otherwise it's vegemite sandwiches and happy meal toys here, methinks. Unless a lot changes very quickly.
I'm really sorry things are so hard right now. Honestly though - your kids will not notice. My mum told me she once had $20 each to do the stockings for me and my sister. I didn't notice at the time and I was about ten. At your kids' age, they will think happy meal toys are the bomb.

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Mummy woo! wrote:
Penguin wrote:Haven't done anything because things are fucked. Some nice Roll Call people offered to send the girls presents so they would have something which was very lovely. Otherwise it's vegemite sandwiches and happy meal toys here, methinks. Unless a lot changes very quickly.
I'm really sorry things are so hard right now. Honestly though - your kids will not notice. My mum told me she once had $20 each to do the stockings for me and my sister. I didn't notice at the time and I was about ten. At your kids' age, they will think happy meal toys are the bomb.
Thanks to the generosity of others, the girls should be ok for presents which is a big relief.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS