Awkwardness 101

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!
jessles
Location: Just ask hubby..... he'll tell you I'm in forum land

Awkwardness 101

Post by jessles » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Today was Grandparents Day/Book Fair/Book Parade at my kids primary school.

After the concert, the P&C served tea and coffee and cakes. As I'm a member, I got roped in to help. I don't drink coffee or much tea so I knew this would be interesting.

Anyway, I was in charge of the milk and sugar and lids for the cups. I was just starting and said to 1 mum "White, Black or Yellow tea". Whoops, meant sugar there.

So we're getting through the crowd quite well and this older man comes up and asks for his drink and then asks if the milk is real milk. I didn't really know how to answer and the teacher on the hot water kinda fumbled around and I pipe up with "Well, I haven't just expressed it for you if that's what you mean about real milk". The teacher was like "Ooohhh, this has gotten awkward quickly" and the man said "Red is a lovely shade on you".
Man I was embarrased. I meant to say that I hadn't just gone and milked the cow or whatever, but it didn't quite come out that way.

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Re: Awkwardness 101

Post by Mummy woo! » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:19 am

Luxury milk!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Esther

Re: Awkwardness 101

Post by Esther » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:54 am

Chuckle. One of those times you can only look back and laugh. At least you didn't !!@!booby and squirt some in his cup :lol:
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4