Swelly belly

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!
wilfred

Swelly belly

Post by wilfred » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:40 am

So I think everyone on here knows I'm addicted to exercise and having those 10 weeks off post op was a killer for me. Yes I know I'm sad lol.

So my mantra at the gym is "Go hard or go home" but my god it's been tough. Of course my fitness and strength took a huge hit. But I'm struggling with my swelly belly. I go into the gym with a flat tummy and leave looking like I'm pregnant. I know it's because I'm still healing but it's frustrating. On top of that I can't do any abdominal work and I'm getting pain in that area at night.

I know this is silly but I just needed to vent. Thanks ladies...
Me: 38
DH: 38
DS1: 11.5 bf for 6 weeks
DD1: 8.5 bf for 13 weeks
DS2: 6.5 bf for 26 months
DD2: 4 bf for 3 yrs and 2 weeks

Esther

Re: Swelly belly

Post by Esther » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Hugs wilfred. Take it as easy as you can and allow your body to heal. Sounds so frustrating for you x
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:59 pm

It's not silly at all. I'm used to doing huge walks etc and now my workout is a maximum of 15 minute stretches. It can be really difficult to adjust your mindset to your current reduced physical capabilities, especially if you're an all or nothing person.

How long until you can be back to your usual level of activity? Any small amount will be aiding that recovery (even if you're mentally champing at the bit to do more!). Hope you're otherwise recovering well :)
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

wilfred

Post by wilfred » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:56 pm

My surgeon said that given my level of fitness before the surgery it's up to me now to decide what's right. I can do abs in another month. But, given that I had chronic pain for decades it could take my body up to a year to fully recover. :shock:

I keep telling myself mind over matter. That's what's getting me through. I only take the heavy pain killers if I have to. I hate pain killers. I've been on them for years.
Me: 38
DH: 38
DS1: 11.5 bf for 6 weeks
DD1: 8.5 bf for 13 weeks
DS2: 6.5 bf for 26 months
DD2: 4 bf for 3 yrs and 2 weeks