Employment

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!

Employment

Postby mummymanda » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:45 pm

I need to get a job so we can get a bigger house and pay for DD1 braces. I would preferably like it to be after 4:30pm and I will need to finish by 6am. I am happy to be either part time or full time but would prefer part time. Can do some weekends but would prefer week days. Besides retail any other ideas? Possibly thinking aged care night shift.
mummymanda

Re: Employment

Postby Mummy woo! » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:27 pm

The shelf stacking at our local supermarket is done during those hours.

What have you done in the past?
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either
Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Postby mummymanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:06 pm

I have done lots of stuff none that I like though.

After typing it out to a friend whom I don't know in messenger :lol: I think I am going to do a 180 and go back to my original plan of working in aged care. The course I enquired about 3 months ago started a month ago but I have been told I can make up the 2 units easily if I want or I can start next year. I will need my mum on board to look after the kids every Wednesday and some Saturdays otherwise I will need a baby sitter which seems daunting. I am worried about fire season and how that will all work out but I really need to change my thoughts on that as I know others have less availability nor care. Anyhow if things go to plan I will do a duel cert 4 in aging support and leisure and lifestyle over 2 years then probably ease into work around kinder etc. I am considering putting kids in childcare 2 days a week to accommodate placement and study and sanity :lol: . Not sure what to do about DDS braces they will cost $2800 up front and $100 per month for several years. DD 2 will also need them once DD has finished :roll: my grandfather has left a small trust fund for just DD1 of which we can use for deposit however the monthly payment is huge. We already live pretty simply and our luxuries are for sanity more than luxury. I have also decided that we just have to stay in this house and make do as long as we have to. Our bathroom is getting redone and will look great and then I think I am going to set about redecorating. I just need to get past the guilt I feel living in this home.
mummymanda

Postby Baby Blue Eyes » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:28 pm

we run a commercial cleaning business with those types of hours, next year our staff member is leaving and I will be doing about 4 hours 3 x a week after 7:30pm

Maybe there is a commercial cleaner business in your area that needs staff?
DS1 - b/f 4 yrs
DS2 - b/f 3yrs 11mths
DS3 - B/F 4yrs 10 mths
Baby Blue Eyes

Postby Jenbt85 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:28 pm

mummymanda wrote:I have done lots of stuff none that I like though.

After typing it out to a friend whom I don't know in messenger :lol: I think I am going to do a 180 and go back to my original plan of working in aged care. The course I enquired about 3 months ago started a month ago but I have been told I can make up the 2 units easily if I want or I can start next year. I will need my mum on board to look after the kids every Wednesday and some Saturdays otherwise I will need a baby sitter which seems daunting. I am worried about fire season and how that will all work out but I really need to change my thoughts on that as I know others have less availability nor care. Anyhow if things go to plan I will do a duel cert 4 in aging support and leisure and lifestyle over 2 years then probably ease into work around kinder etc. I am considering putting kids in childcare 2 days a week to accommodate placement and study and sanity :lol: . Not sure what to do about DDS braces they will cost $2800 up front and $100 per month for several years. DD 2 will also need them once DD has finished :roll: my grandfather has left a small trust fund for just DD1 of which we can use for deposit however the monthly payment is huge. We already live pretty simply and our luxuries are for sanity more than luxury. I have also decided that we just have to stay in this house and make do as long as we have to. Our bathroom is getting redone and will look great and then I think I am going to set about redecorating. I just need to get past the guilt I feel living in this home.

There's a hub in Preston with occasional childcare and places for mums to study and work that I've seen advertised - I might use it next year if I go back to uni. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you the details.

A childcare day sounds great, it's worth filling your own cup so you can fill everyone else's.
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu
Jenbt85

Postby mummymanda » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:46 pm

I think there is similar in epping now too in the old centerlink building which is less than a block from where I plan to study. I need to visit both possibly tomorrow. I will need a baby sitter once a month and that is a tad daunting. However i just had a thought that maybe I could advertise at the training place as they do a childcare course. I have some kid free time with DH this weekend so I think we need to talk everything over and work out what is best.
mummymanda

Postby Jenbt85 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:56 am

mummymanda wrote:I think there is similar in epping now too in the old centerlink building which is less than a block from where I plan to study. I need to visit both possibly tomorrow. I will need a baby sitter once a month and that is a tad daunting. However i just had a thought that maybe I could advertise at the training place as they do a childcare course. I have some kid free time with DH this weekend so I think we need to talk everything over and work out what is best.

Exciting times :D
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu
Jenbt85

Return to Everything else!