Canberra

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!

Canberra

Postby JennyD » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:37 pm

So, my third baby is on her Canberra trip :) the older two had a great time, and now it is her turn. they flew out at midnight last night, had breakfast in Sydney and bussed to Canberra today. They are probably already in bed :) Here's hoping she has lots of fun. And I'm missing her already :)
JennyD
Counsellor

Re: Canberra

Postby Mummy woo! » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:38 pm

Hope you packed lots of woolies for her - it is freezing here this week!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either
Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Postby JennyD » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:32 am

She's got three beanies, and two scarves, one of which reaches the ground on me so it can go around her neck and over her head a few times. She also has singlets and long sleeve shirts to go under her school shirts. They have to wear uniform all day, so that will be cold because it is designed for her where most days don't get below 8 :) If you see a bunch of kids wandering around in ugly yellow beanies, that's them (although DD2 probably will have a lovely red or blue one on because I knitted those for her) On Facebook this morning there are photos of them at some lookout and many of them have their yellow beanies on, DD2 had no beanie at all :)
JennyD
Counsellor

Postby whitto04 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:37 am

My 10 year old had her school camp in Canberra, a couple of weeks ago.

After living in Canberra for 5 years, she had forgotten how cold it gets. I had to shove extra warm layers into her bag, when she wasn't looking. Caught her wearing the extra stuff when she got off the bus. :-D
DD#1-1999, BF 12 months.
DD#2-2006, BF 5 yrs 8 months
DD#3-2009 (born at home), BF 4 yrs 2 months
DD#4-2012 (born at home), no longer sharing with her sister!
11 years of continuous lactation!!!!!
whitto04

Postby Mummy woo! » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm

JennyD wrote:She's got three beanies, and two scarves, one of which reaches the ground on me so it can go around her neck and over her head a few times. She also has singlets and long sleeve shirts to go under her school shirts. They have to wear uniform all day, so that will be cold because it is designed for her where most days don't get below 8 :) If you see a bunch of kids wandering around in ugly yellow beanies, that's them (although DD2 probably will have a lovely red or blue one on because I knitted those for her) On Facebook this morning there are photos of them at some lookout and many of them have their yellow beanies on, DD2 had no beanie at all :)

Oh dear - it was freezing here this morning and Mt Ainslie is always extra breezy! Mrs Moops went to school today in just a t-shirt and skirt - nothing else - I didn't wave her off and DH was too sick to notice :roll:
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either
Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Postby JennyD » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Just browsing some pics of the tour. Can't believe that some of the boys are wearing shorts!! These kids must be freezing.
JennyD
Counsellor

Return to Everything else!