It's my birthday and I'll go commando if I want to

If it is not related to breastfeeding or parenting, discuss it here!
kingofthedivan

It's my birthday and I'll go commando if I want to

Post by kingofthedivan » Mon May 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Hopefully the subject line has given you fair warning that I'm about to share TMI, but my circumstances seemed so ridiculous that i thought I'd better share.

So, it appears in the rush to get the 2yo on the bus this morning i neglected to wear a pad, and realised this halfway through the 50 min bus ride this morning.
Then, clearing my throat and coughing up half a lung in the process, (oh yes! I have a chest infection) after completing successful drop of of said child at daycare, I realised that no, my pelvic floor has not returned to it's previously supple self, and now I have wee soaked and bloody undies as I stride along to my office, leaving a message for the mechanic not to fix the car, we've decided it's not worth it.

And now, praise Betsy, I've binned the pad I just bought along with the aforementioned undies, recovered my tampon stash and am proudly braving the suddenly now seasonally wet weather in 100% thin polyester work slacks.

How's everyone else's day going?

Esther

Re: It's my birthday and I'll go commando if I want to

Post by Esther » Mon May 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Happy birthday!! Yes, been there, done the soaking thing only recently when my cup overflowed. Annoying.

Hope your improves and you have something lovely planned for dinner to look forwards to?
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

JMc

Post by JMc » Mon May 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Happy birthday! I'm trying to think of a lovely pun, but all I can come up with is "have a bloody good day"! Hope the rest of the day improves! You sound remarkable calm about it all! I'm impressed.
DD - November 2009 (Breastfed 19 months)
DS1 - August 2011 (Breastfed 2 years and 8 months)
DS2 - November 2014 (Breastfeeding happily)

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Mon May 09, 2016 7:35 pm

My Nana has a great story about going commando to a wedding when my Dad was a tiny baby - she was just so distracted getting him ready to be baby sat and herself out the door that she forgot. She only realised when she got a draft!!

Hope your day picked up after that!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

kingofthedivan

Post by kingofthedivan » Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks Esther, JMc and Mummy woo for the birthday wishes! I petitioned DP to pick us up after work, whereupon we got takeaway sushi and went home to watch spirited away. I love that movie!
JMc - thanks for the pun! I was a wee bit cold, but it did end up being a bloody good day. ;)
Mummy woo - that's hilarious! I thoroughly identify with that level of distraction.

MamaMagoO?

Post by MamaMagoO? » Wed May 11, 2016 10:23 am

I'm glad you ended up having a good day. Take away sushi and Spirited Away is my kind of evening :D

Happy Birthday!
Little Magoo 07/08. Breastfed for 3yrs3mths.
Miss Magoo 10/11. Breastfed for 4yrs3mths.