4mth monsters-share you stories,useful links and coping tips

Discuss general parenting issues here.

Postby huonsmum » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:36 pm

veganmama i think our boys must be twins exactly the same thing happening here!
i have pulling my hair out with frustration the last 5 or so weeks cause he hasnt been sleeping, fussy feeding and grizzly! then i looked up the wonderweeks... ahhhh the dreaded 19week one... which can last for 5weeks so lets hope its nearly over! I have also found Pinky McKay really reasuring aswell.
Nice to know not alone all the other mums except for one other seem to have amazing sleepers...or so they say...
huonsmum

Postby jdhwa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:09 pm

This has made me feel so much better! Only one week in and we are pulling out our hair! Thank god this is normal and it will pass :shock:
jdhwa

Postby fellare » Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 am

dreading sleep tonight :(

I really don't mind being waken up for a feed and a cuddle, but he wakes up crying and screaming. For the first time since S was 2 weeks, DH had to go out to settle him, because he would just not stop screaming on top of his lungs and I was exhausted from it.

At the moment, the only way he'll sleep a full 2 hours (he still feeds that often) is if he sleeps on my chest, I lie on my back and I jiggle him for about 10 min before I nod off. I doubt it's safe, as S is sleeping on his tummy, but it's the only way. The second I stop jiggling or move him gently to my side, he'll start crying.

By time it's morning I pass him to DH, yell to piss off and leave me alone, don't touch me and get out, don't talk to me, don't touch me. And then I feel bad, but it's just so unbearable at night. Luckily hubs is a superstar and gets up, gets S dressed and makes me a cuppa tea.

anyway, just needed to vent. One more week of work and then I should be able to actually nap during the day and catch up on sleep and stuff.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)
fellare

Postby huonsmum » Mon May 28, 2012 8:30 am

big hugs Mrs Frog !@!@
4 months is such a hard time! I found the wonder weeks info very reasuring that it was normal but during the nights is so hard! There is a reason sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture!
DS-Aug 2011

huonsmum

Postby fellare » Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 am

yes it is!

last night the only way he would sleep was on my chest. He fed that way too, don't ask how he managed to latch on like that :? wasn't painfree anyway. But as soon as I moved him to the side of me for better latch, he'd start screaming.

at the moment, little angle is sleeping on his playmat, fell asleep by himself, just like that :shock:
fellare

Postby clairek766 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am

mrsfrog wrote:yes it is!

last night the only way he would sleep was on my chest. He fed that way too, don't ask how he managed to latch on like that :? wasn't painfree anyway. But as soon as I moved him to the side of me for better latch, he'd start screaming.

at the moment, little angle is sleeping on his playmat, fell asleep by himself, just like that :shock:

Just want to say I feel your pain! My DS was a total monster. :evil: The only way I'd get him down for his naps was to put him in his carrier and take him for a walk so that he'd feed and then go to sleep. He'd cry every time, and up until then he had NEVER cried. It was pure hell, he also had a feeding strike at this time so wasn't really wanting to spend time feeding either.

I was the crazy lady in her ugg boots walking the streets in our neighborhood with birds nest hair and a boob hanging out for ages! LOL.

Anyways hang in there it does pass, I never thought it would but it did. Good luck xo
clairek766

Postby fellare » Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 am

found out he is teething. so that explains a whole lot. Last night wasnt too bad, cause I knew and accepted I'll be sleeping on my back with a baby on my chest for the next little while. Only woke up at 1.30, 3.30, 4.30 6.30 and regularly after that until I had to get up at 8. Not too bad, except that he wakes up crying and violently attacks my boob. This is the least comfortable position I've fed in. It won't be long, I'm sure.
fellare

Postby Karen81 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:39 am

I've been waiting for them and here they are. My perfect little sleeper ain't so perfect anymore. 4 month monsters have arrived!

Hoping they pass very, very quickly!!!

A wakeful baby and a snoring 3 year old sucked last night.
Karen81

Postby trilbs » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:46 am

Does 4mth monsters basically mean sleeping less and feeding more? DD is doing this day and night now, me tired :smt119
Was storked by 2peacefeed :-D
trilbs

Postby Nedsmum » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:24 am

trilbs wrote:Does 4mth monsters basically mean sleeping less and feeding more? DD is doing this day and night now, me tired :smt119

Yup, and waking frequently in the night and protesting loudly to just about anything :wink:

We have a 4.5 month old in transition at work (his mum is one of our staff) - and it's intense 1:1 for the carers - we're glad that he only comes for 4-5 hours and is breastfed once in between, so gets lots of nice 'sleepy' milk.... and I'm pretty sure his mum likes having the break from the demands for just a few hours, and he goes home fairly tired and they take a nap together in the afternoon....
Breastmilk - the ultimate 'brain food'!!!
Nedsmum

Postby Karen81 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 pm

trilbs wrote:Does 4mth monsters basically mean sleeping less and feeding more? DD is doing this day and night now, me tired :smt119

Lol. Yep!

How's your LO Trilbs?
Karen81

Postby trilbs » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Karen81 wrote:

Lol. Yep!

How's your LO Trilbs?

She is pretty good, can't complain that much. My nipples are a bit sore as she has been boobing it up a few times during the wee hours and all day lol. Cranky and fights her naps, then catnaps for 10 mins sometimes a bit longer. But she is so cute and getting so clever :)

How about yours Karen? Funny it feels like yesterday we were chatting about being super pregnant and all :lol:
Was storked by 2peacefeed :-D
trilbs

Postby Esther » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:35 am

Argh. Chanting 'this too shall pass' maniacally....It's definitely not just hunger that's waking us up every 2 hours or so. This too shall pass....
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4
Esther

Postby MamaBear3 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 am

Esther wrote:Argh. Chanting 'this too shall pass' maniacally....It's definitely not just hunger that's waking us up every 2 hours or so. This too shall pass....

:D I really needed to see this thread today! and i think im going to have your mantra tattooed.
MamaBear3

Postby Esther » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm

MamaBear3 wrote:
Esther wrote:Argh. Chanting 'this too shall pass' maniacally....It's definitely not just hunger that's waking us up every 2 hours or so. This too shall pass....

:D I really needed to see this thread today! and i think im going to have your mantra tattooed.

Hellllloooo fellow traveller :wink:
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4
Esther

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting in general