sooking 3y.o

Discuss general parenting issues here.
mummymanda

sooking 3y.o

Post by mummymanda » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:54 pm

DD3 whom is 3 is extremely articulate with her words and vocab. However she sooks and windges and whines and screams ALOT like 90% of the time. I have tried everything to get her to just talk or understand she can't have everything her own way. I have removed her from the situation which works to a degree and asked her to please use her big girl voice/normal words. We have modeled the correct way back and told her our ears do not hear the sooky voice. It is so frustrating and annoying. She sounds like a lorikeet being tortured. That coupled with DD1 and 2 getting annoyed with her sooking and DD4 being very loud my head and patients are wearing thin!

Any other ideas to get it to stop

ClOuD_NiNe

Re: sooking 3y.o

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Sounds like a typical 3yo to me, if you find a way to make it stop, let me know! Miss 3.5 is driving me insane. Everything is a battle with her. If there is any hint of annoyance or urgency in my voice she fully puts the brakes on and gets unbelievably stroppy. He rest of the time is full of whinging and whining. Oh and shouting at me. I tell her I don't like being shouted at and she needs to use her normal voice. One day it will sink in... or she'll just grow out of it. Deep breaths, this too shall pass.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Post by AussieBritLu » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 pm

Yep I hear ya!!

However it's my almost 5yo who whinges and whines etc.

My 3.5yr old son squeals alot.

Let me know if you figure it out and find a solution!
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

mummymanda

Post by mummymanda » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:31 am

Thanks so nice to know I am not alone. Seems in the last 2 days that DD4 has also taken up with the unreasonable hysterics. Hers however are non verbal.

Ducks

Post by Ducks » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:48 pm

My 3.5yo whinges and whines a lot when I'm around. She pretends to be a bank (eta: baby!) who can't talk and She also constantly begs me to carry her when we're out and about. She goes to cc and they tell me she's v independent and articulate there. I think as mothers we see the worst (and best hopefully) of our kids.

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:18 pm

No idea how to fix- we have 'big girl voice' conversations multiple times every day with Miss Five.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS