2016 favourite mother's day moments

Discuss general parenting issues here.
Esther

2016 favourite mother's day moments

Post by Esther » Sun May 08, 2016 6:30 pm

DS did a great card where he signed himself as "your thoughtful son". Apparently the teacher did put something up for them all to copy, but DS thought it needed expanding. So I also have it in writing that I'm the best mother in all the cosmos :lol:

I also got a beautiful bracelet from DD2. And a hand print card.

DD1 enjoyed working on her card at school. It was a clever little design of a pot plant. When you pulled on the flowers, they came out of the pot with the message underneath. Gorgeous.

After the card opening ceremonies, DS insisted that I have breakfast in bed and made me toast. DD2 wailed beside me about how she wanted breakfast in bed too. Then DS admitted he'd been sneaking/eating chocolate already and it all might have gone slightly down hill from there :roll:

So how was everyone else's days?
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Re: 2016 favourite mother's day moments

Post by AussieBritLu » Sun May 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Well the kids have made things at school/preschool and fdc which I've still yet to look at....

All the kids have been screaming and whinging etc....
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Sun May 08, 2016 8:14 pm

We have had a lovely quiet day chilling out, watching a bit of TV, some sewing for me and topped off with dinner at Grandma Woo's. Bought a lovely mushy card for my Mum that she just loved. Delightful school-made presents from both kids.

Hope everyone else had a great day. Yours sounds delightful Esther, not so much yours Lu!!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

ClOuD_NiNe

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Sun May 08, 2016 8:26 pm

I got to lie in bed while DH made the kids breakfast. No offer of breakfast or a cuppa tea for me though, I had to drag my fat ass out of bed and make my own. No cards or presents. No mention of Mothers Day other than a "Happy Mother's Day" from DH in the morning. I got to do the weekly grocery shop sans children while DH spent an hour and a half on the phone to his mother, and I came back to a kitchen full of dishes, laundry to hang out and kids still in their pj's whining for food.

That combined with pregnancy heartburn and painful vulval varicose veins meant my day turned out to be pretty average :( Maybe one year DH and the kids will surprise me and make me feel special. And of course my FB newsfeed is full of fairytales of breakfasts in bed, flowers and cute cards made by the kidlets. Mother's Day can get screwed.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker

Esther

Post by Esther » Sun May 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Hugs Cloud9. That sounds craptacular :/
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

chiggins

Post by chiggins » Sun May 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Got a sleep in this morning! Up at 8:30 to make the kids cereal. Vomited rather violently into the kitchen sink (joys of HG). After breakfast, we sat in the family room to watch a bit of telly...when all of a sudden my 13 month old walked from the couch to the TV cupboard! It's the first time he's walked on his own without holding on to anything!! :smt007
It 8:30pm here now and I'm still in my pjs, suffering from heartburn that seems to be radiating from my toes :roll: but had an awesome Mother's Day with my babies. x
DD - Nov 2013
DS1 - Apr 2015
DS2 - Jun 2016 (BFing like a champ!)

Vahvempi

Post by Vahvempi » Sun May 08, 2016 9:18 pm

I woke up at 9 cos hubby came in to get pants to go into town to get brekky stuff. He got home at 10. Made bagels with egg, bacon, hashbrown and kransky with tomato and onion relish. And orange juice. Then kids went outsde to play with new gumboots and rain coats. Then we visited hubby grandmother, then mother, who was snoozing. FIL took kids for 2hrs.

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Sun May 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Esther wrote:Hugs Cloud9. That sounds craptacular :/
Indeed - that is really sucky Cloud9.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

MamaMagoO?

Post by MamaMagoO? » Sun May 08, 2016 11:49 pm

I had a crappy day too. Woke up squished between 2 kids. 1 of which had been in bed with me all night the other snuck in sometime during. DH was sleeping in DS's bed due to his space in our bed being claimed. I had a headache and decided to try an stay in bed until someone made me a cup of tea and breakfast. Unfortunately this didn't seem to be coming. Sent DD to wake DH. She came back and told me he had a head ache. Children started to complain about being hungry. I told them I couldn't do breakfast right away could they find something for themselves. The ended up eating plain dry bread out of the packet while watching TV. At least that gave me some peace. Heard DH get up and vomit. Great, its not just a headache its a mega-migraine. He spends the rest of the day in bed aside for trips to the bathroom to vomit. As the less headachy parent I resume normal parenting duties but decide to ditch swimming lessons as its just too hard. DS is injured and complaining he can't walk due to an incident at Auskick yesterday in which another mum, who was running backwards, tripped him up and was tripped up by him and landed on top of him (it is the reason he and DH swapped beds last night). Need to take him to the chiropractor to get his hips sorted. Kids bickered and moaned most of the day. It got even worse when i suggested putting on a movie because they couldn't agree on which one. There is a monster load of dishes in the sink which I can't even takle. Then DD chucks the biggest almighty 4.5 year old tantrum at bed time because she wanted me to read to her, not DH (who has finally managed to get out of bed and was trying to help)- it was so full-on (screaming and kicking and punching) that I have been thinking of starting a post here to ask at what point to tantrums stop being normal and start being something that needs to be assessed?? And DS, who missed the mothers day stall at school because he had the day off on Thursday and promised he'd make me something instead hasn't done a bloody thing.

But its not all bad. It's not DH's fault. He was quite badly shaken by the Auskick incident (he was there, I wasn't) and I think that is what triggered this migraine. He suggested we reset and do Mothers Day another day which I think is lovely.

And I had a lovely afternoon tea at kinder on Friday and dinner with my ABA region on Friday night.
Little Magoo 07/08. Breastfed for 3yrs3mths.
Miss Magoo 10/11. Breastfed for 4yrs3mths.

fellare

Post by fellare » Mon May 09, 2016 3:31 pm

hugs MM

we had the usual crazy. cooped up inside due to rain and conjunctivitis (me this time). but we had fun too.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)