So proud of my mum

A place to find out what you can do to help make breastfeeding easier by
making the world a little more 'breastfeeding friendly'

ClOuD_NiNe

So proud of my mum

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:46 am

As the title says, I'm so proud of my mum! This is the woman who tried to breastfeed us 3 kids but didn't have enough milk so switched to formula within the first couple of weeks, didn't really understand why I wanted to breastfeed so much (she was supportive but still said there's no shame in formula feeding if I had to, and that us kids turned out just fine), made comments about my niece being breastfed until she was 3, and asked me when I was going to wean both kids...

The other day while visiting my parents, DD asked for "mimi" and dad queried when I was going to wean her (I don't think he meant much by it, more curious than anything). Mum jumped straight in and scolded my dad! "Don't be silly, she can have mimi for as long as she likes! It's great comfort for her. I remember my aunt who had 9 kids telling me that when the next one came along she would still be feeding the toddler!"

I think I may have normalised breastfeeding for my mum :-D :-D
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker

snowie

Re: So proud of my mum

Post by snowie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Awww that's so lovely! :smt055 It's nice to know that the people who care about us do eventually catch onto what we are trying to teach.

I think I've converted DH too - He has been so supportive this time around with our rough start. Didn't bat an eyelid when I said we are driving to get donor milk for DD2. And was very gracious in his extremely tired state, when I explained why I needed narrow neck bottles that fit the breast pump set up and not the wide neck variety that he had purchased.
Never forgetting our angel babies

PellyintheWilderness

Post by PellyintheWilderness » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Wonderful to hear both those stories!
Proud co-storker for AndyPandy (with mooki)
Proud co-storker for Jenbt85 (with AussieBritLu)

DD May 2005 bf 12 months
DS1 May 2005 bf 37 months
DS2 Nov 2011 bf 36 months
DS3 Nov 2011 bf 38 months

ClOuD_NiNe

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Aw snowie that's wonderful your DH has been so supportive! It must really make a big difference to know he's right there with you :D
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker