mooki
Site Admin

Re: Barbie

Post by mooki » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 pm

and...I want to know the answer too :lol:

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:07 pm

I asked twice but received nonsense answers both times, sorry ladies. I hate to disappoint.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

Little Tiggermum
Site Admin

Post by Little Tiggermum » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 am

probably something about being a good warning against plastic surgery. too much boob jobs makes your nipples disappear. 8)
DD#1 Boozo 15
DD#2 Puddins 12
DS Emperor Bulldog 9
DS2 Pumba 4
Can't get to a breastfeeding support group? http://mumsright.libsyn.com

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:44 am

Little Tiggermum wrote:probably something about being a good warning against plastic surgery. too much boob jobs makes your nipples disappear. 8)
The funny thing about that is when my SIL got her boobs done they cut off her nipples and put them back on again. I kept thinking about the logistics of this - what if they lost them? What if they switched sides? Are nipples directional - what if up was now down?
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Penguin wrote:
Little Tiggermum wrote:probably something about being a good warning against plastic surgery. too much boob jobs makes your nipples disappear. 8)
The funny thing about that is when my SIL got her boobs done they cut off her nipples and put them back on again. I kept thinking about the logistics of this - what if they lost them? What if they switched sides? Are nipples directional - what if up was now down?
I'll probably get to the logistics part, but right now I'm stuck on the nipple cutting off part.

I thought you could still bf after boob jobs - do they then 'rewire' the nipples to the ducts?
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

Parla.
Counsellor

Post by Parla. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Jenbt85 wrote:
Penguin wrote:
I'll probably get to the logistics part, but right now I'm stuck on the nipple cutting off part.

I thought you could still bf after boob jobs - do they then 'rewire' the nipples to the ducts?
Depends on what the op involved. A reduction is likely to have involved removing some of the milk-making glandular tissue. Repositioning the nipple would generally mean severing milk ducts. Breast augmentation is often a more straightforward scenario for later breastfeeding, but either can have some effect on nerves and nipple sensitivity which can have flow on effects on supply. Usually it's a wait and see situation - some women will be able to exclusively breastfeed and some will need to supplement but you never know until you try.
Speak to a breastfeeding counsellor anytime - 1800 686 268

The Penguin chick is a very proud big sister 8)

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Jenbt85 wrote:
Penguin wrote:

My SIL had a very significant reduction and is well past her breastfeeding days (had her tubes tied 20 years ago). They cut off a lot of skin and a great deal of both fatty and glandular tissue, then reattached her nipples for purely aesthetic reasons. Had she been of childbearing age I assume that a different approach would have been discussed.

Interestingly, while she wasn't lop sided size wise, the surgeon said that she had much more glandular tissue in one side (and more fatty tissue in the other). She said that all her kids preferred to feed from the side with lots of glandular tissue. She would start them other the other side then finish on the 'good' side. Interesting that twenty-five years later the surgeon confirmed what she already suspected!
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Well barbie won't be doing any breastfeeding if there's no nipples.