Disappointed

A place to find out what you can do to help make breastfeeding easier by
making the world a little more 'breastfeeding friendly'

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Storked by the lovely Lu!

trilbs

Post by trilbs » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:02 am

I definately don't like that forbidden label for chocolate and caffiene, yikes not many women should be breastfeeding then! She really needs to word it better.

ETA...I decided to post about it on her public page, it probably makes me sound a bit dim but hey I don't want new mums to feel guilty about chocolate and caffiene consumption!
Was storked by 2peacefeed :-D

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am

You got an answer from her Trilb. I'm on my phone so I don't know how to cut and paste.

AbbeyCat
Trainee

Post by AbbeyCat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am

ETA...I decided to post about it on her public page, it probably makes me sound a bit dim but hey I don't want new mums to feel guilty about chocolate and caffiene consumption!
You got an answer from her Trilb. I'm on my phone so I don't know how to cut and paste.
Well-known person's response on Facebook to Trilby's comment:
You can breasfeed and 'indulge' but these foods can cause babies to be unsettled: TheCaffeine in a single cup of coffee passing through mama milk can take a newborn almost 100 hours to metabolise - thismeans that many babies are restless and unsettled when mums drink coffee (especially multiple cups) and chocolate can also be a common cause of wakefulness and unsettled behaviour in babies. It doesn't make your breastmilk 'worse then FF" - it means take care and observe your baby's reactions, then cut back or eliminate if they are affected.

Taking care and observing bubs behaviour is quite different to them being labelled as 'forbidden foods'. :evil:

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:12 am

And also the fact that the vast majority of babies don't have any sort of reaction to those foods.

trilbs

Post by trilbs » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 pm

pseudo wrote:And also the fact that the vast majority of babies don't have any sort of reaction to those foods.
Yes, she kind of makes out like it is very common. TBH never noticed any difference in behaviour.

I don't think she liked my post, but so far it's still up. Not sure if I should reply or not?

AbbeyCat
Trainee

Post by AbbeyCat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:39 pm

I don't think she liked my post, but so far it's still up. Not sure if I should reply or not?
I was going to 'like' it, but thought she'd be more likely to delete it if she saw people who'd sent her letters jumping on it.

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:02 pm

AbbeyCat wrote:
I was going to 'like' it, but thought she'd be more likely to delete it if she saw people who'd sent her letters jumping on it.
Me to, especially given that she already knows I have a problem with them. I would love to comment but she will delete it for certain then.

trilbs

Post by trilbs » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Argh now she's doing guest blogs which tie to her product, not sure if I can link:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/baby/br ... 26gfm.html

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Well, thanks to the wonderful 3LWs, I have a carton of said biscuits.

It's not good :(

I can't get over the nutrition panel. For something which is being marketed as nutritious - wow. 21.3% fat and 28.3% sugar. That's 49.6% fat/sugar :shock:

Ingredients: organic oats 23%, raw sugar, butter (from milk), brown sugar, whole meal wheat flour, vitamins (thiamine, folic acid) egg, sunflower oil, brewers yeast (sic), organic flaxseed meal, raising agent (sodium bicarbonate), salt, natural vanilla flavour.

I'm pretty disappointed with the labelling too. A lot of the stuff from the website is written prominently, larger font, white in pink. Eg the claims we have already discussed. In tiny writing, smaller than anywhere else on the box it says 'there are various reasons for low milk supply from inappropriate feeding routines and poor positioning at the breast, to health issues for mother or baby, so if low milk supply persists or you have concerns about your baby's well-being, it is important to consult an appropriate health professional such as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant or your family doctor.' this is written in dark pink/ maroon writing on the hot pink background in tiny writing, so it's very hard to see. even forumla tins need to put the 'breast is best' stuff in big, clear writing :(

I wasn't too fussed on the taste, either. Frankly, I wanted to smother it in hazelnut spread:) for 50% fat/sugar, I expect more yummiest :)
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm

She is going to be on one of the morning shows tomorrow. I hope to hell she doesn't start promoting them there.

ClOuD_NiNe

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:41 pm

I just saw that her segment has been cancelled because they're going to focus on the J. M. murder case instead.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 pm

ClOuD_NiNe wrote:I just saw that her segment has been cancelled because they're going to focus on the J. M. murder case instead.
Oh no. Did they find her body? :(

ClOuD_NiNe

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:13 pm

No body found, latest news report I read said that they are putting a murder case together so they don't expect to find her alive :(
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 pm

ClOuD_NiNe wrote:No body found, latest news report I read said that they are putting a murder case together so they don't expect to find her alive :(
:(