A place to find out what you can do to help make breastfeeding easier by
making the world a little more 'breastfeeding friendly'

chase

Post by chase » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:37 pm

On the Leeuwin with a very male-dominated group of 100 coworkers
At the Priory and Southerley's pubs' beers gardens in Dongara
On the Port Denison dog beach
At the foreshore parks in Geraldton, Jurien Bay

I've come a long way in terms of confidence over three months, I'm proud to say! Haven't used a cover in over a month now. :)
DD born Sept 2011

foggylog

Post by foggylog » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

woo hoo chase, glad your feeling more confident now :)

me my standard place, being the swimming pool after O's lessons and the GP's wait room, well half the feed walked out feeding him after his vaccinations.
I was storked by the lovely ESTHER :)
E = DD may 09 BF til 15.5mths
O = DS Dec 10, BFing

dakotakdq

Post by dakotakdq » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:29 pm

I just can't do the public thing :-( I'm so worried someone will say something nasty even thou it's natural :-(

fellare

Post by fellare » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm

I fed at our local baby shop again today. He always wants a feed when we're there :lol:

I'm glad I'm an exhibitionist, or maybe I should say, I'm glad I got a reason to get my boobs out legally for a change :oops: I fed in several big shops and let him comfort suck while walking through a local shopping center.

really, no grain of shame in me @!##!

greenie

Post by greenie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm

dakotakdq wrote:I just can't do the public thing :-( I'm so worried someone will say something nasty even thou it's natural :-(
Just because you can feed in public doesn't mean you have to :-) There's nothing wrong with being more comfortable not feeding in public. Especially with twins!
So long everyone! Thanks for everything :-D

dakotakdq

Post by dakotakdq » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Yep feeding twins is hard enough, lol

dakotakdq

Post by dakotakdq » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Yep feeding twins is hard enough, lol

Nomad Mum

Post by Nomad Mum » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 pm

greenie wrote:Just because you can feed in public doesn't mean you have to :-) There's nothing wrong with being more comfortable not feeding in public.
Agree - I've never felt uncomfortable feeding in public so it wasn't a particular hurdle for me. (Grew up in Europe, topless ladies everywhere nobody bats an eye:)) But if I had felt odd about it you can bet I'd know the location of every parents room in town!
DS May 2011

If babies are not hurt or oppressed, and all their needs are met, they will be good, cooperative, intelligent, joyful people with the ability to give and receive love. ~ Aletha Solter

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:22 pm

sitting outside a coffee shop next to the museum today, feeding DS.

A lovely lady came up to me and smiled and commented about not seeing it very often anymore (not sure if she meant BF in general or BF in public) either way, if you're on here, Hi lucky you werent near me 2 minutes before otherwise you might have been squirted :shock:

Maleah

Post by Maleah » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Love this thread! My last was in the football club rooms - very male dominated and while I really don't like anyone seeing my lily white peaks (and I don't think anyone did as I think i was discreet enough) I also think my baby's needs come way before what anyone else thinks.

pfongk

Post by pfongk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 pm

At the health centre. It wasn't my regular centre as it was after hours and the Dr came out and said it was "fantastic to see a mum doing the right thing and feeding their sick little toddler". I was a little unnerved when he bent down in front of me after calling my name but he just picked up the nappy bag so I didn't have to carry it and my 94cm 2yrold. He has this quite booming voice as well so if anyone didn't know what I was doing before they did afterwards.

AbbeyCat
Trainee

Post by AbbeyCat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:41 am

Feeding DD in our first Baby Sign Language class. She is a very distractable 6 month old and came off, but Mt Nipple continued to errupt violently. I may have permanently scarred the 3 year old boy next to me!! :oops:

fellare

Post by fellare » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:21 pm

lol, mine do that too. I got asked once why I don't feel comfortable feeding in public, as I was covering my nipple (this is at an aba meeting) I laughed, I feed anywhere, but I also spray everywhere!
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

AbbeyCat
Trainee

Post by AbbeyCat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 pm

fellare wrote:lol, mine do that too. I got asked once why I don't feel comfortable feeding in public, as I was covering my nipple (this is at an aba meeting) I laughed, I feed anywhere, but I also spray everywhere!
:lol: So true!!

Elizabeth_K_Martin

Breastfeeding in public in Japan?

Post by Elizabeth_K_Martin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 am

Does anyone know if there are any cultural norms in Tokya regarding breastfeeding that should be respected? Is a breastfeeding mother protected by anti-discrimination legislation or the equivalent in Japan (and do you know how to say that in Japanese??)