It's nice to win some without fighting.

A place to find out what you can do to help make breastfeeding easier by
making the world a little more 'breastfeeding friendly'

Penguin

It's nice to win some without fighting.

Post by Penguin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:08 pm

I had two 'wins' today, and had to fight for neither :)

At R's daycare there was a pile of toddler formula samples. They've been there for a few weeks but I let it go. Today the director offered them to me for C, but I said no, the were 12 m + and explained to her about the advertising loopholes etc. She was horrified. She said 'I feel like I should just throw them in the bin' and I said 'That's what I think you should do' and she did.

In a few weeks I'm doing a week of full time casual work. Last time I did this work while needing to express I was sent to he 'first aid room', which turned out to be a disabled toilet with a first aid kit bolted on the wall and a massage table. (They didn't say 'go pump in the toilet'; I think it was a breakdown in communication but nonetheless it wasn't suitable.) I emailed to ask about an expressing room and explained what happened last time. They replied today and told me that there were instructions in the manual (which hasn't been posted yet therefore I haven't read yet) saying if an expressing room is required to ask at Registration, and they reassured me I wouldn't be sent to a disabled toilet.

It is such a relief to not have to fight all the time!
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

Penguin

Re: It's nice to win some without fighting.

Post by Penguin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 pm

DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Esther

Post by Esther » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Hooray :smt026
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

snowie

Post by snowie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Excellent! That is definitely a win!
I'm not sure if it's because I'm a second time mum, but it seems like the general public seem to be a little more aware of breastfeeding 'rights', baby wearing, using cloth nappies and even co-sleeping (did you see the ad in the catalogue from the big Swedish flat pack store?)
Never forgetting our angel babies

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 pm

snowie wrote: (did you see the ad in the catalogue from the big Swedish flat pack store?)
Yes, and I'll bet you a flat packed kitchen that it ain't the toddlers who end up sleeping on the toddler beds. ;)
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

snowie

Post by snowie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:09 pm

:lol:
It will be their big 6yo Year 1 sister/brother :wink: Guess who sleeps in the side-car cot at our place most nights? Guess where the baby sleeps?
Never forgetting our angel babies

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:22 pm

snowie wrote::lol:
It will be their big 6yo Year 1 sister/brother :wink: Guess who sleeps in the side-car cot at our place most nights? Guess where the baby sleeps?
Well, my baby sleeps in a cot, much to the surprise of all... The 4yo, on the other hand...
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Gwen's Mum

Post by Gwen's Mum » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:32 am

Penguin wrote:
Well, my baby sleeps in a cot, much to the surprise of all... The 4yo, on the other hand...
And this is why we are finally, in a stupidly overdue fashion, buying a king size bed soon. Because I see the writing on the wall, and that writing says: Just create the space you need, because your 4yo has decided she wants in on the family bed thing. :roll: :lol:

And I'm with snowie - I reckon second time around, I must give off a real "no really, go on, try me" vibe. It's all smiles and support and kind words and unquestioned acquiescence to pretty much whatever we choose (not from the 4yo obviously!). Let's hope it carries through to a big conference I will likely have to take a 9 month old baby to later this year... :lol:
Image Image

Welcome Daydreaming's DS! - 18 Sept '13
Welcome Feather's DS! - 27 Oct '13

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:11 am

Gwen's Mum wrote:
Penguin wrote:
And this is why we are finally, in a stupidly overdue fashion, buying a king size bed soon. Because I see the writing on the wall, and that writing says: Just create the space you need, because your 4yo has decided she wants in on the family bed thing. :roll: :lol:

And I'm with snowie - I reckon second time around, I must give off a real "no really, go on, try me" vibe. It's all smiles and support and kind words and unquestioned acquiescence to pretty much whatever we choose (not from the 4yo obviously!). Let's hope it carries through to a big conference I will likely have to take a 9 month old baby to later this year... :lol:
My next conference C will be 16 months. Shoot.me.now.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

ClOuD_NiNe

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Penguin wrote: My next conference C will be 16 months. Shoot.me.now.
M was 15 months when I took her to Liquid Gold. It was... manageable. Just. I breastfed her A LOT. And used a carrier. And the noisy room where they had a live feed to the main session. Good luck with that!
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker