Would you consider a student midwife? anyone is SA

For the temp placement of 'heated' threads and threads that generally breach forum guidelines.
studentmidwifeSA

Would you consider a student midwife? anyone is SA

Post by studentmidwifeSA » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Everyone :)

I am a 1st year Midwifery student at UniSA and I am looking for some wonderful women who wouldnt mind sharing their pregnancy journey with me.

Being 1st year I will be observing for the most part, coming along to your appointments, and if given the opportunity a part of your birth as well. I can be as involved as you like :)

I am willing to travel anywhere in SA for the opportunity to follow you through your pregnancy and visiting you and bubs after the birth :).

The wonderful thing about a student is we can be their from the beginning, right until the end, so some great friendships can form as well as trust.

A little about me :) I am 32years old and already have 3 children of my own, I have always wanted to be a midwife and decided to take the plunge this year :)

Please feel free to either Private Message me on this forum to discuss it further or leave a short reply here and I will contact you :)

thank you

athome

Post by athome » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Wishing you all the very best with your new career I hope it is filled with joy.

I actually suggested a section for student middys and doulas looking for women to follow on here but at the time I was told it breached our COE fir this forum. I hope that has changed because I think it would be great to see more middys and doulas connected though the ABA to get a greater understanding of what we are about. Anyway just putting my bit in to support the idea of supporting middys and doulas in case this post disappears :lol:

Good luck with completing your training and thanks for thinking of us.

xx

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:12 am

Good luck! I've got a student midwife following me already, and I think we are both enjoying it and getting a lot out of it. I highly recommend it!
Evie is six!
Zoe is four!

mummyb

Post by mummyb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:03 pm

I am in vic, but had a student midwife for my last pregnancy and she was awesome! She even delivered dd2!
2 girls and now a precious boy....

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm in SA and already have a student midwife. She is great. I hope you are able to find someone who is interested.

Good luck.

Storked by the lovely Lu!