Lactation consultant recommendation

An area to discuss relactation and adoptive breastfeeding.

Lactation consultant recommendation

Postby felixroni123 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi there,
I have been trying to breastfeed my beautiful 12 wo boy from thte beginning but have had many problems. He did not start off sucking very effectively, my supply dropped and I had to feed him with formula. I have been pumping 6 times a day with a hospital grade double pump to build supply, and have bought a medela SNS. However because my supply dropped my baby started to refuse the breast. He has started to feed again, but only with a nipple shield and not all the time. I can pump enough to replace one full feed a day.[img] My supply has definitely improved since using the double pump for the last 2 weeks, but I haven't managed to pump more than 6 x per day, and I haven't got the hang of the SNS yet.

My husband thinks I'm crazy for persisting given our baby is healthy and happy, and I wonder whether I am fighting a lost cause trying to continue breastfeeding.

Has anyone consulted a good LC who helped you with issues like this?

Many thanks,

Postby mooki » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi Veronica,

congrats on your bubba.

Sounds like youve already had lots of hurdles. What an amazing mum to keep persisting. Every bit of breastmilk he receives is beneficial so that one full feed is fantastic.

The best way to find a lactation consultant would be to have a look at the LCANZ site and see who is near you. Some offer different services (some home visit, some dont for example)

If you do a search for sns, there a few ladies here who have had experience with the SNS.
Site Admin

Return to Relactation and Adoptive Breastfeeding