comfort sucking

An area to discuss relactation and adoptive breastfeeding.
rileigh

Post by rileigh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Loli,
She certainly is fabulous! 8 days, wow! Rileigh only completely refused for one day! I am kicking myself so bad for not persevering with it :( now i know there are other options and help out there, i know i can get through it if is happens again. Thankyou for sharing your story, it is helpful. I am worried about going back to work will effect me relactating, we have paid breaks, so im still going to be on call, im not even sure if theres any where they will allow me to express of feed my son, I have to call them and ask i guess! Also i work 9 days out of 14.
Good luck the 2nd time around (or maybe more then 2nd for all i know lol) and thankyou :)

Karleen
I have a number for the breast pump co ordinator and the local ABA group (which is a bit of a drive) but thats okay. When i get off the net i will give them a call and as soon as i get the pump, ill hibernate with my new friend and my baby boy! I have emailed mothers direct to see if i can receive the book any quicker. Im expressing about 30 - 40 mls every 3 hours. So not much yet.
Thank you thank you thank you, you are a great help!
Happy mummy to my beautiful son Rileigh Joseph born 9/11/11

rileigh

Post by rileigh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi ladies. Just an update on the situation. I've been back at work for just over a week now. I have noticed a drop in my supply, either that or my boobs have gotten used to being so full. I went from feeding or expressing every 2 hours to sometimes a gap of 3 - 4 hours. I can feed Rileigh at work, but i can't every 2 hours, the annount of work i have to do, (aged care ) just doesn't allow much time ! So he come's down once every shift. Bub still isn't feeding any differently, depending on how tired he is, he sucks efficiently enough until my boobs are completely soft. So he is doing the job okay most of the time. I can express about 60nls every 3ish hours, so that's a decent jump in supply i think. I'm not sure if i should stop feeding all the time and just save it up for 2whole feeds a day or to keep building. I'm also on medication and I'm a bit worried that when i stop taking that, my supply will0drop. Anyway i have an appointment with a lactation consultant on Friday, finaly!! So hopefully she can give me some more insight :)
Happy mummy to my beautiful son Rileigh Joseph born 9/11/11

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:27 pm

sounds like things are going pretty well overall, thanks fore update th :-D