worried that baby is not getting enough milk after relacting

An area to discuss relactation and adoptive breastfeeding.

worried that baby is not getting enough milk after relacting

Postby amyc » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:00 pm

baby number 2 is 7 weeks old and have had several problems with getting BF established he has been on and off the breast several times already but would like to give it one more go so i have started relactating after 1 weeks break, I have some milk but not sure I have enough. am worried that he may be dehydrated. Baby is settling after feeds and sleeping well is happy most of the time. but am concerned because he is not having wet nappies or very lightly wet nappies. has only pooed once today. Baby acts like he wants more to drink after the feed and cries for a little while. but settles with some cuddles I try to reattach baby when he acts like this but he refusses and have checked at this piont if there is anymore milk left and there always is so he is confussing me could someone please help and let me know if i should be concerned.
Amy C
amyc

Postby mooki » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi, have you tried phoning a counsellor? They are trained to help out in these situations (and many others) and will be able to give you a better idea of how things are going?
:D
mooki
Site Admin

Return to Relactation and Adoptive Breastfeeding