letdown?

An area to discuss relactation and adoptive breastfeeding.
bianca_g

letdown?

Post by bianca_g » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:20 pm

i was just wondering when u started feeling letdowns again? i know it'll be different person to person but i was curious (i'm on day 5 of relactating today - yay!)
Bianca

Ari's Mum

Post by Ari's Mum » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi again. Every mother is different. Some mothers never feel a let down, other mothers have painful letdowns. Signs of a letdown are when your baby takes strong slow sucks on the breast (as apposed to the quick sucks when on the breast at first), possibly leaking on the other side (again not all mothers get that).

Hope this information helps. I hope somebody posts here soon to let you know of their relactation experience :D
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Storked Norrie and proudly storked by Terramommy...

Feebes

Post by Feebes » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:02 pm

When I feel a letdown, I feel like a sensation in my boob and it feels more heavy. In my early breastfeeding days up until 4 months, I had D-mer http://d-mer.org/. Made me feel really sad and homesick when I had a letdown.

Feebes
DD 02
DS 05
DD2 2010

bianca_g

Post by bianca_g » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 pm

before i stopped feeding i felt them pretty strong (and always leaked from the other side) so i kow what they're like for me personally, i was just wonderinf if anyone knew how long it would be before i started feeling/having them again.

feebes - i've heard of d-mer - how sad for u to feel that way everytime :(
Bianca

Feebes

Post by Feebes » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 pm

bianca_g wrote:feebes - I've heard of d-mer - how sad for u to feel that way every time :(
It isn't as bad now and have stopped taking the medication quite a few months ago. I have the feeling every now and then. Its odd though, cause even though it wasn't a nice feeling, it was reassuring that I was about to have a let down.

Feebes
DD 02
DS 05
DD2 2010

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:17 am

Most of the women who do feel a let-down feel them less as time goes by, so you may not have the same sensation as you had before. Maybe look for the other signs of let-down, like the change in sucking?
Carrie
Official Monkey Storker!
(I thought we were hoping for a giraffe?)

bianca_g

Post by bianca_g » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 pm

i didnt know that carrie! thanks! i'll keep an a look out from now on :)
Bianca