Is this even possible??

An area to discuss relactation and adoptive breastfeeding.

Is this even possible??

Postby mum2boys » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Okay so I breastfed ds2 (nearly 12 months) for 3 months and I gave it up for a number of reasons. I was devastated to give it up and suffered from a lot of anger and depression as a result. Even now when I see mum's with bub's about ds2's age breastfeeding I feel a pang of envy and jealousy. Anyway I am pregnant again (18 weeks) and am thrilled that I have another chance at breastfeeding properly. I do have this wild and maybe completely ridiculous hope that ds2 (who will be only 16 months when this bub is born) might show some interest in the breastfeeding again and might try to latch on. Is there any chance that at his age he could re-learn to breastfeed. He will still only be a baby when this bub is born and it would be really nice to feed them both.
mum2boys

Postby momi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:25 pm

it's definitely possible, there are a few mums on here who have done this

i think the only rule is to feed the newborn first or something?

goodluck :-)
momi

Postby crunchy coop » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:16 pm

HELLO
Wow ok sorry i only just saw this, I myself had to give up breastfeeding my dd2 BUT she was only 6 weeks.

I had my Ds1in Jan 2010 and DD2 was 2 in March 2010. I Started nursing her again 3 months after my bub was born and although it was hard for her to work out how to suck that wasnt a "bottle" suck she did work it out last month and she is now breastfeeding like a champ up to 4 times a day IF she is sick but usually 1-2 times a day :) I am here if you want to chat or ask questions :)

Good luck
-Teneil
~Tandem BFing,MCN'ing,Baby wearing,Organic eating,Goth/Alternative Mummy to-Nikki 6yrs, Kiara 3yrs-Xavier 1year
And Loving partner of Ben
crunchy coop

Postby Vahvempi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:37 pm

I'll let you know ;)

I've asked the same Q as I'm 38wks and DD is 13m.

PM in a month...I'll def know then.

Night Owl Has some info in this link:

http://www.lrc.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61518
Vahvempi

Return to Relactation and Adoptive Breastfeeding