Relactating & total breast refusal journey - Advice want

An area to discuss relactation and adoptive breastfeeding.

Postby elvencreature » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 am

Hugs Maren, I think that is something that people don't realise until they go through it, that there really is a process of grief and loss when you don't end up with what you thought and hoped you would have. Be gentle with yourself.

Autumn is perfect for beautiful babies!
elvencreature

Postby DellaWellaWoman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:09 pm

maren you persevered for so long when things got tough - well done!!!
DD1 breastfed 6 years, 7 months
DD2 still going at 5 years :D
Honoured to have been storked by Capricious
DellaWellaWoman

Postby mum2noah » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Maren,

I just wanted to say that you should feel proud for what you have achieved and even though you faced a major challenge you didn't automatically give up. I think half the battle is knowing when enough is enough. Well done for your efforts and know that you gave it your all.

Francesca
mum2noah

Postby maren » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 pm

I haven't been in here for a while now but I wanted to come back and thank everyone again for all the support.

And I've got exciting news... we thought Lexi would be our last but since having her I have felt like we need one more to complete our family and DH has finally agreed so we'll try for #3 in a few months and I might get another chance at getting the breastfeeding thing right. You can be sure I'll be back to prepare for that.
Lucia (half BF/half formula)
Alexis (attachment problems/ expressed BM & formula)
Jesse (FULLY BREASTFED!!!!!)

maren

Postby mummysairsair » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 pm

maren, it's good to hear from you.. I have been wondering how you and Lexi were going. Very exciting news about deciding to have another baby! Look forward to hearing more from you through the pregnancy and beyond :)
Patience.. It's what parents have when there are witnesses ;)
mummysairsair

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:24 pm

mummysairsair wrote:maren, it's good to hear from you.. I have been wondering how you and Lexi were going. Very exciting news about deciding to have another baby! Look forward to hearing more from you through the pregnancy and beyond :)
:smt045
DD1 L 03/04 BF
DD2 A 10/06 BF
DD3 O 10/09 EBM has CP

'It is survival and desire to be happy that drive mothers of disabled/ill children, not bravery or some strange need for martyrdom.'
Dolly

Previous

Return to Relactation and Adoptive Breastfeeding