Getting my wisdom teeth out!

Returning to the paid workforce, study or just going out for the night. Discuss issues related to leaving your baby with a carer here
Pipsee

Getting my wisdom teeth out!

Post by Pipsee » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi! I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and it's about an hour long procedure, I'm going under a GA and I'll be in hospital all morning waiting to go in. I'm going to keep Ernest with me to give him a feed JUsT before I go in and then Kenney is just going to give him some snacks/let him nap/give him water/keep him busy until I'm back out again.

I have two questions

Does this sound like an OK plan for a 9.5 month old? And does anyone know how long after a GA can you Breastfeed?

At the moment he's having about 4 big feeds a day, and about 4 small feeds at night, he eats puréed fruit and veg and porridge and quinoa and will snack on just about anything. But when I see him I know the first thing he'll want is boob!
Cheeky Girl had the breast buffet for 2 years, 8 months, 3 weeks and 1 day!
Ernie is going strong, like a little man with a little plan!

Pipsee

Post by Pipsee » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Scratch that secOnd question - i'll ask the anaesthetist (is that the correct spelling?) I think it should all be fine... I'm just laying in bed worrying! Hahaha!
Cheeky Girl had the breast buffet for 2 years, 8 months, 3 weeks and 1 day!
Ernie is going strong, like a little man with a little plan!

Capricious
Trainee

Post by Capricious » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 pm

I was always able to feed as soon as I was awake (although there were a couple of times I had to dump due to pain relief afterwards) but most GAs should be mostly out of the system by the time you wake- hence you being awake! Best of luck hun