First day at family day care

Returning to the paid workforce, study or just going out for the night. Discuss issues related to leaving your baby with a carer here

First day at family day care

Postby Sienasmum » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:23 am

DD has her first morning with her FDC mum today. I feel confident in her envrionment and she is only going for 3 hours, so fingers crossed it will be a positive experience for her :smt098

Mummy on the other hand is going to be a blubbering mess :smt022 and has decided to go to the nearest shopping centre and do some therapy shopping!

I was going to come home and madly/properly clean the house (something I havent done for 9 months, since she was born) but my friends and DH have me on strict orders to shop!

They don't tell you about these emotions at the antenatal classes do they?
Ok deep breaths, time to pack her bag.....
Sienasmum

Postby Capricious » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 am

Best of luck to you both! Especially you Mummy! I agree that retail therapy is the best medicine :wink:
Capricious
Trainee

Postby Esther » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:41 am

Have fun shopping and having a nice cuppa somewhere, then enjoy seeing your DD at the end of day. Housework will wait a bit longer. Tell us what you buy!
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4
Esther

Postby MJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:50 pm

My daughter is at her second day of day care today. The first day I went to the shops after planning to clean the house too!
Today is a little easier than the first day - I hope it gets a bit easier for you too!

And I agree - warnings regarding these emotions should be a must at antenatal classes! (although I probably wouldn't have believed them!)
MJ

Postby Sienasmum » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Well DD has had 4 days at care now and on her 3rd day she was clued in to the whole situation and didn't leave my side once we got there.

I gave her a kiss and said goodbye and she screamed the house down. Thankfully her day care mum is great and I felt "ok" to go.

No shopping this day, I cleaned the house to keep my mind off her.

She still hasn't eaten there yet, but "pigs out" once we get home. I hoping that changes once she is comfortable enough.

Phew - this hard but I know it will be good for her (and me)

PS: I bought clothes (the other week) desperately needed clothes and undies and new bra's! It was a luxury actually trying them on :wink:
O and a couple of things for DD of course
Just weaned at 14 months so mummy and daddy can grow me a sibling (fingers crossed)
Sienasmum

Postby mone » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:08 am

sounds like things are going well, J was the same and he will attempt to go home with strangers at the shops cos they have better shopping/betterlooks/whatever hehehe but the first few weeks of fdc were hairy to say the least. fast forward to almost 12mths of going and i get a kiss and a cuddle and waves tata and blow kisses and no tears and this has been happening for a while so it does get better

my fdc mum explained that he stopped crying usually as soon as i closed the door behind me (and i could hear that) and wasnt protesting being there really but more protesting my leaving???
ta mone
mone

Postby Esther » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 am

It's a real process, isn't it? Hugs. I have always had the opposite problem with food at FDC - kids who pig out there and won't eat at home :roll:

Good luck, I hope things settle down soon. Glad to hear about your shopping adventures the other week too :wink:
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4
Esther

OMG

Postby lisaandMolly » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Isn't this the hardest thing in the wotld. I felt sick for the 3 hours my LO was at day care. I wad physically shaking in the car. I crept in 1hour early I couldn't wait any longer. She was in the caring arms of her carer having a ball. I was so relieved. Day 2 on Wednesday another sleep less night!!
Lisa and Molly
lisaandMolly

Return to Leaving your baby with a carer.