Not too happy...

Returning to the paid workforce, study or just going out for the night. Discuss issues related to leaving your baby with a carer here

Postby missyloo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:49 am

Did you find out if you can bring kids to the ceremony TM?
MissyLil is 6 now and still my baby..

MrLil is now TWO......
missyloo

Postby breastfeedingisnormal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:15 am

Bit late now but could you take the babysitter to the ceremony and ask her to watch LO outside or to take her outside only if she becomes unsettled??
n
Breastfeeding Counsellor
Cert IV BE (Community & Counselling)
Cert IV TAA
PhD
Mum 2 J18 N15 E13
breastfeedingisnormal
Counsellor

Postby terra_mommy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:31 am

Spoke to MIL last night - turns out that she doesn't "really" know the babysitter that well or if she's had experience with babies / toddlers. :roll: And the girl is only 17... So I politely tell her that I'm not comfortable leaving my child with another child and that I'd rather leave her with someone I know that is an adult and capable.

So anyways after she tried arranging babysitting with a friend of ours that live in her town (which I originally thought was going to the ceremony too), turns out our friend IS going, but as guests of another South African couple. Sooooo... I said to MIL not to worry - I'll organise for DD to stay with my friend here in my town (DD loves playing there), then MIL replies to my text with "Oh, are you going to leave her there till the next day afternoon". :? Told DH that his parents are under the impression that we are sleeping over, so he will call this morning to find out EXACTLY what their plans are, cause we are running round in circles here!!
Angel Baby - June '01,
Angel Baby - April '07,
DD1 - June '08,
DD2 - April '10
terra_mommy

Postby terra_mommy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 am

breastfeedingisnormal wrote:Bit late now but could you take the babysitter to the ceremony and ask her to watch LO outside or to take her outside only if she becomes unsettled??
n

Sorry, forgot to add, that DH finally agrees with me :) and said that if all else fails, DD will be going with us and we'll take turns taking her outside if needs be. :-)
Angel Baby - June '01,
Angel Baby - April '07,
DD1 - June '08,
DD2 - April '10
terra_mommy

Postby four&out » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 am

Glad that a comfortable solution was found.
four&out

Previous

Return to Leaving your baby with a carer.