success with 9 week old

Returning to the paid workforce, study or just going out for the night. Discuss issues related to leaving your baby with a carer here
JC

success with 9 week old

Post by JC » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:20 am

Ok it was just 4 hours for a movie, but it was something unusual for me to leave DD. We left her in my mother's arms having sips of EBM at 8 pm. She's usually unsettled 7pm-10pm but fell asleep in about half an hour and, apart from one stirring, stayed asleep until we returned after midnight. As many other posters seem to have found. she didn't seem to need much EBM while I was out though she'd nomally have quite a few fussy feeds in that time. Yay!

Side benefit: DH has been encouraged y watching my mum. He usually hands DD to me as quickly as possible when she's upset - but actually offered to look after DD tonight while I visit a friend! However I'll be taking DD with me this time.
DS born July 2006; continued until 5
DD born November 2009; until 4

katie21

Post by katie21 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:18 am

Thats great that you could spend some time with DH and know that your child will be ok if you have to be seperated from her. i remember my first time away from bella, I stressed and pumped and worried about how much milk i should leave for her.. she slept the whole time and didnt stir once. :)
Blake Mathew 6.12.05
Mason Alexander 14.8.07
Isabella Rose 24.5.09
Darcy James 28.7.11