what did you find the hardest???

Returning to the paid workforce, study or just going out for the night. Discuss issues related to leaving your baby with a carer here

what did you find the hardest???

Postby mummyb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm going back to uni next April... hoping to do three days a week within school hours and expressing while I'm at work (DD2 will be almost 1 so I'm hoping it goes quite smoothly).

What did you find were things that really helped you stay organised, or was the hardest thing about going back?
2 girls and now a precious boy....
mummyb

Postby megant » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi
I have not tips, but just wanted to say that I have a baby born in April 09 and will be going back to work 3 days a week in April 10 as well! so will be watching this post :)
megant

Postby DellaWellaWoman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:46 pm

My number 1 tip would be to pack everyone's bags, and make lunches, the night before...
DD1 breastfed 6 years, 7 months
DD2 still going at 5 years :D
Honoured to have been storked by Capricious
DellaWellaWoman

Postby ames » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Yep - I agree with DWW - get everything ready the night before so that you just need to do breakfast, get dressed and feed bub in morning.

I also found that it helps to cook double amount for dinners - so I only cook 3 times a week, the other nights are leftovers from the previous night. I use the slow cooker a lot so I put dinner on before I leaveand its cooked when I come home.

All the best with it :)
DD1 2005, DS 2007, DD2 2009, DD3 2011
Storked Ezekielsmummy's angel ~ Matthew Obadiah. Now Elisha Samuel has arrived!
ames

Postby bronwynl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:25 am

Hi mummyb

Like previous posts, try and do as much as you can the night before :-) The hardest part for me was probably leaving DS (and he is with his grandparents, not in day care!) but the transition was surprisingly smooth, and he is fine. I express 2 x 100ml at work, and that gives him one bottle - so finding the time to express is a bit of a challenge, but I have supportive work environment, so it has all been really quite easy.

Good luck!
O - Aug 2008, Breastfed 2yrs 3mths. Last feed 21 Nov, 2010.
O2 - July 2011 - feeding brilliantly (fingers crossed)
bronwynl

Return to Leaving your baby with a carer.