Dr. Phil again

Let us know when you see/hear of breastfeeding, or ABA, mentioned in the media
KathleensMum

Dr. Phil again

Post by KathleensMum » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:54 pm

I was watching Dr. Phil today and it was on pushy parents...
Dr Phil - Pushy Parents (60 mins , Rated: PG)
Genre: Talk Show

Every parent has big dreams for their children, especially when they believe they're raising an exceptional kid, but could you be pushing them too far? And do you want them to live up to your dreams or theirs? Dr Phil examines the fine line between supporting a child's aspirations and pushing them to unrealistic limits that could set them up for failure.
One of the parents on the show mentioned that she co-slept with her 22month old daughter and that hubby slept on the couch...She also said that she was still breastfeeding and that hubby slept on the couch because he was sick of being kicked in the back while the little one was feeding....

I almost cheered when she said she was still breastfeeding, but had to keep it in coz DD was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her...LOL

I'm a bit of a Dr. Phil addict....I realy like his straight forward way of looking at things....I especially love watching his "Family First" shows....
Heather
Mum of Kathleen 17/5/2005...Proudly BF for 2 years, 7 months and 12 days....
Rose 03/06/2008

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:16 pm

I'm a Dr Phil fan as well. We tried to co-sleep with our little one, the other night she was crying and crying from about 11 to 1.30. We put her in our bed to see if she would settle but she laid there kicking her dad in the back, pinching us, poking us, scratching us. I had to give up as she wouldn't settle at all. I wondered how other people were able to co-sleep, they must have quieter babies or the hubby sleeps on the couch as I found out watching the show.

charndra1

Post by charndra1 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:54 am

They get used to the 'etiquette' of sleeping with others in time if not used to it - I've heard this can take a month or so!

Yes, our babe lies quite still, in the right direction at nights, very peacefully. He only wriggles for a feed or a pee.

Mel P

Post by Mel P » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:37 am

I slept in the middle of the bed when ds and I coslept. That way there was no danger of either ds or dh getting kicked, hit, or squashed, at least until DS woke in the morning and jumped on dh :wink:

J'smum

Post by J'smum » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:10 pm

We had a single bed pushed up against our queen bed which worked very well for us. Ds also developed very good "sleep etiquette" which helped!