Please Like Me

Let us know when you see/hear of breastfeeding, or ABA, mentioned in the media
Yankee

Please Like Me

Post by Yankee » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Don't know if anyone watches this show on the ABC with comedian Josh Thomas. There was a scene today when Josh was having lunch with his dad, the dad's new wife, and their baby at a restaurant. The mum had to feed the baby so she got up to go to the restroom!

I suppose they can be somewhat forgiven as it's written by a 20-something young man and not exactly realistic about the family side of things (he babysat the baby and she just sat there placidly the whole episode - as if!). But it was a bit disappointing. For the purpose of plot the mum needed to be away from the table but they could have just as easily said that she had to change her nappy.
DD born September 2013

Lilysmum04

Re: Please Like Me

Post by Lilysmum04 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:49 am

Eugh.
I haven't seen it yet but I don't want to, I can't stand josh Thomas I find him very fake. Also that scene doesn't surprise me - like you said it's written by a 20 something man who also happens to be a hipster and probably intolerant of anything outside of his bubble of creativity.

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:21 am

I think it did need to be breastfeeding because otherwise the mum wouldn't have been able to say 'and how exactly are you going to help me breastfeed Allan?'

(I love Josh Thomas - I think the show is hilariously dark and I'm a bit sad when it ends each week)
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Yankee

Post by Yankee » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 am

Mummy woo! wrote:I think it did need to be breastfeeding because otherwise the mum wouldn't have been able to say 'and how exactly are you going to help me breastfeed Allan?'
True, they would have lost that gag.

I really like the show. Josh is probably one of the less funny parts for me, but the characters and situations around him are what make me laugh.
DD born September 2013

strolltotheshops

Post by strolltotheshops » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 am

Mummy woo! wrote:I think it did need to be breastfeeding because otherwise the mum wouldn't have been able to say 'and how exactly are you going to help me breastfeed Allan?'
And later she says something like "I spent all day on the breast-pump so we could go out tonight".

Yankee

Post by Yankee » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 am

strolltotheshops wrote:
And later she says something like "I spent all day on the breast-pump so we could go out tonight".
Oh yeah I remember that scene. I know that feeling well ... I went through all the trouble so we could have a night out, better enjoy it!
DD born September 2013

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 am

Yankee wrote:
True, they would have lost that gag.

I really like the show. Josh is probably one of the less funny parts for me, but the characters and situations around him are what make me laugh.
True - the mum in the mental health care facility is gold - I like that the characters are all rounded people with sex lives and political views and not just archetypes for cheap gags.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either