Danish Prince Christian

Let us know when you see/hear of breastfeeding, or ABA, mentioned in the media
jessjay

Danish Prince Christian

Post by jessjay » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:18 am

We had a little chuckle at the following from Adelaide's Sunday Mail 22/1/06, in an article about the christening of the Danish "little Kingaroo":

"Christian seemed hungry, reaching for his mother's chest and clutching her jacket lapel."

Lucky they didn't wait until he was older or he might be lifting up her shirt...

We assumed that the link between mother's chest and hunger could only mean one thing - a beautiful BREASTFED baby.

Jess
Mum to Evie born Jan 05 and Seb born Sept 08

threeJane

Prince Grabby

Post by threeJane » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:50 pm

"Prince Grabby is the nickname being given to the little Danish prince by the local press after his determination to be breast fed by Crown Princess Mary during his christening."

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/01/ ... ?from=top5

andy's girl

Post by andy's girl » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:05 pm

From the above article;

Prince Christian Valdemar Henri John is the official name of the heir to the throne of Europe's oldest monarchy.

But Prince Pilfinger - most directly translated as Prince Grabby - was the name awarded by the media as he repeatedly reached for the cutting of Mary's jacket, eager for sustenance.

The local tabloid Ekstra Bladet headlined its story "Christian wanted to be fed at the church, but Mary gave him the finger", congratulating the Australian-raised princess for distracting his urgings by letting him suck on the tips of her fingers.
Such eagerness to be fed explains why the baby has gone from a birth weight of 3.5 kilograms three months ago to almost double that now.

Wouldn't it have been great if she DID give in to him, rather than offer her finger - now THAT would have given the breastfeeding community a boost!!

emd

Post by emd » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:20 am

I have no shame about bf'ing in public, but even I would feel self-conscious doing it in a church with an international TV audience! I'm glad I can be an anonymous nobody and not have the entire world looking for me to do the wrong thing with my kids.
emd
Sophia 10.04.04
Juliet 11.09.05